Conductor credit/free berth

MimiMia

I have put together a group cruise and was wondering how do they calculate the conductor credits. I have 10 cabins (5 aft balconies $1398 base, 4 interiors $1118 base and 1 suite $2328). I have read that it is based on the average base fare of all cabins, but someone also told me that suites are counted differently.

I also have been getting mixed information saying I can credit that to my final payment or that a check will be mailed out after the sail date and the final decision is made by the TA. Basically that I as the Contact have no say no.

Help

ALL your cabins had to be booked as a group to put together a group cruise. and the group had to be set up as a group. Not lets book one and get friends to go.

you get a free berth in the amount of the 5 aft balcony since that is the one you sold the most in.

you get one cruise fare only-- when i did groups i got paid 6-8 weeks after the cruise. I was not ever able to use the credit for final payment in case of cancellations

Edited by serene56

ALL your cabins had to be booked as a group to put together a group cruise. and the group had to be set up as a group. Not lets book one and get friends to go.

you get a free berth in the amount of the 5 aft balcony since that is the one you sold the most in.

you get one cruise fare only-- when i did groups i got paid 6-8 weeks after the cruise. I was not ever able to use the credit for final payment in case of cancellations

That is just about how it works for Carnival Groups.

Your Group Contract that you or your TA received when you blocked your group space , will have the details.

Although individual bookings can be moved into your Group , you still would have had to block your Group first.

the base rate above-- is that double occupancy price?

you only get one berth-- so 1/2 of the price for a free berth if that is the cruise only price. you still need to pay the port and govenment taxes

even if doling out the amount per cabin-- each cabin would only get 70 bucks of cabin credit

When we did a group, we wanted the amount of the free berth divided equally among all of the cabins. This was put on the account for each cabin as OBC to be used on the current cruise.

The TA fronted your monies and used the reimbursement from Carnival.

The TC credit is based on the average fare paid for the 1st/2nd guests minus taxes/port charges. It is no longer determined by the category sold the most. It will be calculated automatically by Carnival once you reach 8 rooms. You will earn and additional TC credit for every 8 rooms booked in the group. For example, if you have 16 rooms you'll get 2 TC credits. The amount is very difficult to calculate manually, but it is generally $200-$500 depending on the cost of the cruise.

The TC can be applied to a cabin as final payment, spread among all the cabins as onboard credit, or used for onboard activities such as a group private party.

You do have to form a group and book cabins into it. I hope you used a good TA that will guide you through the process and handle all the details. If so, talk with him/her about the TC and how he/she handles it. Open communication is key. It is very difficult to deal directly with Carnival groups yourself. Also with Carnival, you cannot book an individual room and move it into a group as stated above. They are the only cruise line that I know of that does not allow this claiming their booking system can't process that (yea right, lol).

I am a TA that specializes in Carnival groups. I deal with TC's regularly. I hope this clears things up. Enjoy your cruise!