Sales: How far in advance?

AnchoredInHope

I am looking to book a cruise for January 2016 and have been watching the sales for a while now, but all of them have only been good for sailings up until December 2015.

From what I remember, when I looked at sales Carnival had in November they still had the December 2015 cut-off, so it doesn't seem to be an "x" number of months out thing. Anyone have a good guess as to when they might include January 2016 in their sales?

If you book now and you find a cheaper price you can get that sale up until final payment.

I booked my jan/feb cruise over a year ago-- and so far not one sale has touched my price. Not even close. Not even when offered cabin credit

A lot depends on how you book. If you can book Military, you are covered should prices fall up to final payment usually about 2 months before the cruise. If you book Early Saver, you are covered until the ship sails. If you do book Military, you can cancel or change cruises up to final payment. If you book Early Saver, you are committed and cannot cancel once you place the booking.

I buy a cruise while on a cruise to get the $100 OBG. I make sure I can live with the pricing should no sales occur for a year which is quite unlikely. I buy 12 months in advance which is usually when pricing is announced. I check pricing weekly and during every sale and also watch Cruise Critic since it will be reported quite often.

This cruise on the Breeze, I started at $2,473 for 2 cruisers and ended up at $1,540 after 5 price reductions for a Mid Ship Cove Balcony which I selected. I also got an additional $100 OBC along the way. Does this happen all the time? Probably not but then I could have changed cruises if it had not.

If you want the best lowest price you have to be aggressive. Don't expect the TA to announce price changes since they have nothing to gain but a commission cut. On the other hand, I always add on my TA after I book and she does a great job with each price cut which I advise to her.

Hope this helps.