What happened to NCL's Sunward II

What ever happened to this tiny ship? She was my first cruise ever. I was in 8th grade, it was 1987, and I was in love with one of the entertainers!!! I made sure I would sit in the front row of all the shows to see her. It was only a short 4 day cruise to the Bahamas but I fell in love with cruising. I went with my mom and a couple of other families. I still have all my pictures--with my Don Johnson pink blazer for the formal photos!!!

I want to say I saw here while in Greece a few times. Is she sailing overthere now?

I kept everything I could from the ship, and still have a couple of old NCL brouchers with her in it--and all my souvenirs--18 years later!

She is still in Greece. She was sold by NCL to Epirotiki who renamed her TRITON. Epirotiki merged into Royal Olympic who continued to operate her until they went under last year. She was sold to the Greek Cypriot-owned and -based Louis Cruise Lines who allocated her to their Greek-flag Louis Hellenic Cruises subsidiary and renamed her CORAL. She is used on Greek Isles cruises from Piraeus.

More information here.

• 2 months later...
What ever happened to this tiny ship? She was my first cruise ever. I was in 8th grade, it was 1987, and I was in love with one of the entertainers!!! I made sure I would sit in the front row of all the shows to see her. It was only a short 4 day cruise to the Bahamas but I fell in love with cruising. I went with my mom and a couple of other families. I still have all my pictures--with my Don Johnson pink blazer for the formal photos!!!

I want to say I saw here while in Greece a few times. Is she sailing overthere now?

I kept everything I could from the ship, and still have a couple of old NCL brouchers with her in it--and all my souvenirs--18 years later!

Here is a website where you can find a lot of information about ships, even when the name has been changed. Just type the name where you are looking for and all information comes up.

http://www.simplonpc.co.uk/

I used to work for NCL and from time to time we get updates on old friends and old ships. This was from our last newsletter.

"Within 2 days in Rodos they had the Southward (now Perla) Sunward II (Coral) and the Starward (Orient Queen) in. The Southward and Sundward II were docked together - fantastic sight for an old NCLer. Check out his pictures at

www.CrewNewsletter.cc/Newsletter/0510WhiteShips

Archived