Dressing for dinner on non-formal nights?

scmona

Jeans, yes. Sweat suit, no. (Although you won't get kicked out or anything.)

Carnival has a relaxed dress policy for the dining room, and basically no enforcement.

The official policy reads something like: "No flip-flops. No cut off jeans. No basketball or other sport shorts. No sleeveless shirts for men."

I agree with the above poster. Dress like you would if you were going out to eat at home to a casual eatery. I wear shoes nicer than a pair of $5 old navy flip flops obviously, but if they are flip flop style but nicer than that I think its fine.

My typical dinner outfit is a pair of Bermuda shorts and a nicer top. Casual, comfy, but not so casual that it looks like I've rolled out of bed.

This is YOUR vacation....as long as you wear clothes not bathing attire you will be fine in the MDR. Lots of people wear sweats, jeans, rather revealing sun dresses, shorts (I personally haven't seen any man in the last 20 years wear old fashioned cut off at the crotch shorts though gals still do), t-shirts, flip flops. Carnival may suggest a bit more dressed up attire...but they won't turn anyone away.

This is YOUR vacation....as long as you wear clothes not bathing attire you will be fine in the MDR. Lots of people wear sweats, jeans, rather revealing sun dresses, shorts (I personally haven't seen any man in the last 20 years wear old fashioned cut off at the crotch shorts though gals still do), t-shirts, flip flops. Carnival may suggest a bit more dressed up attire...but they won't turn anyone away.

Yes they will. There was a man in front of us that was turned away for wearing basketball style shorts to the MDR on a non-formal evening. He was told that he would be welcome to come back to dine after changing.

It may depend on the ship and if they choose to enforce their own rules.... but it does happen so you cannot say with all certainty that a cruiser will not be turned away.