New GS 14730? Oasis

Would you switch to it?

We currently have GS 8524 booked on the Oasis, but 14730 just became available. There will be 3 of us in the cabin. For those of you have stayed in any of the new GS's, would you switch or stick with a regular GS? I haven't been following any threads about the new suites, so am totally unfamiliar with what's been going on with these cabins.

Any opinions/advice/pictures/videos are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

We have 11730 reserved for next January. Can't wait to hear about your experience. We have stayed in an aqua suite on floor nine and the view cannot be beat. Even if the room and balcony are smaller, the view is worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would you switch to it?

We currently have GS 8524 booked on the Oasis, but 14730 just became available. There will be 3 of us in the cabin. For those of you have stayed in any of the new GS's, would you switch or stick with a regular GS? I haven't been following any threads about the new suites, so am totally unfamiliar with what's been going on with these cabins.

Based on what I have been reading, I'd stick with what you currently have. The new GS on 14 is the smallest and would be a bit of a squeeze for 3 people. If you were able to get deck 11 then it may be worth the change as it is slightly bigger but all in all I've not seen glowing reviews of those new cabins yet.

Would you switch to it?

I would not switch, you will be disappointed. We had 11330 on 11/29. You can not fit 3 comfortably in the suites on 12 and 14, 11 would be tight.

Thanks everyone!

I guess I will be sticking with what I have. Maybe if 11330/730 opens up I'd reconsider, but this room just doesn't seem worth it, other than the view. That's kind of disappointing though, because I hadn't been reading anything about the new suites, so when I saw one come available, I thought I might of gotten lucky. Guess not.

Would you switch to it?

In my opinion, it isn't worth the switch. Based on everything I've read and researched, both of the new aft GS cabins on deck 14 are kind of tight for three people, especially the balconies. The two on deck 12 are a little bigger, but I wouldn't book those either if there are to be three in the cabin. The two cabins on deck 11 (11330 and 11730) are your best bets if you want that aft-corner location and view, but as others have posted, even those cabins have been a bit of a tight fit for three people. On a positive note, one big plus about 11330 and 11730 is the size of the balconies (approximately 470 square feet).

From what I am reading here on the boards.... New GS on deck 14 and 12 are pretty small for more than 2 people.

We have 11730 booked for September and still waiting for good pics of these cabins.

Look at this thread....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2132617&highlight=14730

From what I am reading here on the boards.... New GS on deck 14 and 12 are pretty small for more than 2 people.

We have 11730 booked for September and still waiting for good pics of these cabins.

I was booked in 11730 for Oct 10th but panicked and when I seen only 2 GS available on the sides of the ship... So I changed our room to deck 6 which seems to be really centrally located. My other fear was that the noise level would be to much. We sail in a board walk balcony and the noise to the aqua theater was so loud you could not take a nap or go to bed early... If I remember correctly it would be pretty loud until about 11pm. I am sure I will enjoy the GS on the side of the ship with no question.