New Celebrity CEO -- Lisa Lutoff-Perlo

tiffinphaeton

I'm attempting contactmichael@celebrity.com

Travellers should know that those that pay the 100% single supplement are paying more than double the price. If you "book" the cruise online and enter 2 passengers, rather than 1, the price is significantly less than double the single rate. This was confirmed by Celebrity Customer Service. Their explanation was "two passengers spend more than a single passenger paying a 100% supplement."

I'm attempting contactmichael@celebrity.com

Travellers should know that those that pay the 100% single supplement are paying more than double the price. If you "book" the cruise online and enter 2 passengers, rather than 1, the price is significantly less than double the single rate. This was confirmed by Celebrity Customer Service. Their explanation was "two passengers spend more than a single passenger paying a 100% supplement."

Yes you are correct as thats an issue that's been raised before. Not a great deal for singles, but at least now they started giving double captains club credit for singles occupying a cabin, which is better than nothing. If you don't hear back from that email, you can always email concerns@celebrity.com, as both emails go to the same department regarding customer inquiries

Hi all,

Apologies, but I am currently on the Celebrity Century, and 12 hours in the future. We were unaware that "ContactMichael" was no longer working, and will check to see if there is a new email address. With that being said, my team handles any emails sent to "concerns [at] celebrity [dot] com, and will continue to assist if possible. However we'll share the new email address once we find out.

Back in the office next week, and look forward to our normal schedule of assisting any issues or concerns that we see on Cruise Critic.

Hi Celebrity Cruises,

Thanks for the update. Glad that the concerns at celebrity email addy remains active.

Hope you had a fantastic time on Century, and look forward to your return next week. We'll miss Century very much !

I agree with this.

If the "contact Celebrity" email option on their website actually produced any results, the rest of these email addresses would be unnecessary.

I have NEVER received ANY responses from the dozen or so times I have used the email option from their website over the past 6 months. It is clear that either no one monitors that email, or it doesn't work.

As a first time Celebrity cruiser, I have come very close to finding another cruise line. The only reason I am trying them is because of the rave reviews I hear about the actual shipboard experience.

They would have lost me very quickly as a customer if I hadn't spoken to others who urged me to give Celebrity a chance, despite their horrific customer service both via their website and by phone. (The phone issues are mainly that you will get 5 different responses if you talk to 5 different customer service reps.)

Well-said and 100% true.

• 1 month later...
To those who must be snarky about contacting via the CEO email address - I beg to differ that it is about being 'entitled' or feeling overly important. The reason people want to escalate things right off the bat (and I am talking in general here, not specific to Celebrity) is that the level of customer service over the years has diminished drastically. If people got good service calling/writing a regular customer service number then they would do that. In most cases (there are a few exceptions of course) customer service has become a horrendously frustrating experience. I can tell you if I could I would definitely email a CEO of Comcast rather than spend an hour waiting on hold only to connect with someone whose English I can barely understand who has no idea how to fix my problem! Just one example of many.

I agree. My wife and I have done 59 cruises, including 40 over the past 5 years -- with Celebrity and six other cruise lines. So we're not neophytes and we know our way around.

We have an issue right now -- Celebrity unilterally cancelling a cruise that they had on hold for us, then being unwilling to fix the problem the next day when it was still fixable -- that we would like to raise with Celebrity and have dealt with by someone reasonably senior, as initial responses from Celebrity through the travel agency have been unhelpful.

Can anyone suggest an email address that will work? Does the contactmichael address above still work? Or the concerns@ address?

Edited by magnifibeast
adding missing text

• 1 month later...

A reasonable guess is that they do what they can to minimize email contact. In our current situation with Celebrity we were advised that the only way they can access an email is to actually type in the expected email address in order to read it (well, that sure is one way :)).

Whether this is true, I have no idea, but several update emails (sent) went unanswered... whether intentionally or by the design, who knows?

The wife and I are here -- and specifically on this thread -- as our most recent cruise ended miserably and we're searching for some assistance before we hit social media and air the laundry out. In fairness to Celebrity, we're not saying anything here and allowing customer service to sort things out and try to make it right (if they are able).

For the record, we experienced a wonderful Alaskan cruise and had/have very nice things to say about our on-board experience. It's been the off-board experience that did not go quite so well. If there is no resolution within the next few days, we'll be back to explain in some detail.

Whether this is true, I have no idea, but several update emails (sent) went unanswered... whether intentionally or by the design, who knows?

The wife and I are here -- and specifically on this thread -- as our most recent cruise ended miserably and we're searching for some assistance before we hit social media and air the laundry out. In fairness to Celebrity, we're not saying anything here and allowing customer service to sort things out and try to make it right (if they are able).

For the record, we experienced a wonderful Alaskan cruise and had/have very nice things to say about our on-board experience. It's been the off-board experience that did not go quite so well. If there is no resolution within the next few days, we'll be back to explain in some detail.

Unless you need an immediate reply from X, have you considered sending a snail-mail letter? Over the years, I've had pretty good luck contacting Corporate that way. Be sure to include a daytime phone number, so they can contact you:

President/CEO Celebrity Cruises

1050 Caribbean Way

Miami, FL 33132

A reasonable guess is that they do what they can to minimize email contact. In our current situation with Celebrity we were advised that the only way they can access an email is to actually type in the expected email address in order to read it (well, that sure is one way :)).

Have you sent a note to concerns@celebrity.com so they are up to speed on your issue....they may be able to help.

First, thank you both for your insight. As we've been working pretty much exclusively with someone in customer service over the past 10 days, we'd like to let them try to resolve it first... if not, these other options are a solid next step.

Thank you!