1st Time RCCL cruiser, What should I expect?

I have been on 5 cruises in the past (4 Carnival and 1 Disney) but this will be my first time on RCCL. We decided on Royal Caribbean because it was the cheapest of any cruise line the weekend of the 23rd for a 3 day ($149/each). We will be on the Enchantment OTS in a large interior (K) room on deck 7.

What can I expect to be different as compared to Carnival and Disney?

Any additional charges upon debarkation (already prepaid gratuities)?

And any other tips that could help!

Compared to Disney, Royal charges for soda.

Royal will allow you to bring two bottles of wine on board, no corkage fees anywhere on the ship. No other alcohol is allowed to be brough on board.

Edited by clarea

We have sailed CCL in the past and have no complaints. We moved over to RCCL to give it a try and because we wanted the bigger ships. The 1st thing that comes to mind is that the ambiance is much nicer on the new RCCL ships. Now, I most recently salied on one of RCCL older, smaller ship and wasn't happy.....again, we like the newer and bigger ships. The reason I say that is because it is all in what you want.

This year will be the 1st time we try one of the specialty restaurants, but other than that, IMO - I can not give RCCL any better markings for their food. We have had good an bad cruise directors on both lines. I feel the excursions offered are equal in $ and value.

You can expect the experience to be very similar....Disney's cabins are larger (for the most part), followed by Carnival's....RCI's are smaller, but well laid out.

RCI's ships are much easier to navigate than Carnivals.

Aside from the included soda on Disney, there are really few differences!!!

We have sailed CCL in the past and have no complaints. We moved over to RCCL to give it a try and because we wanted the bigger ships. The 1st thing that comes to mind is that the ambiance is much nicer on the new RCCL ships. Now, I most recently salied on one of RCCL older, smaller ship and wasn't happy.....again, we like the newer and bigger ships. The reason I say that is because it is all in what you want.

This year will be the 1st time we try one of the specialty restaurants, but other than that, IMO - I can not give RCCL any better markings for their food. We have had good an bad cruise directors on both lines. I feel the excursions offered are equal in $ and value.

We have always been happy with carnival and decided on something new for this trip. Enchantment OTS is obviously an older ship but i believe it was refurbished in 2012. Either way its a vacation :)

I have been on 5 cruises in the past (4 Carnival and 1 Disney) but this will be my first time on RCCL. We decided on Royal Caribbean because it was the cheapest of any cruise line the weekend of the 23rd for a 3 day ($149/each). We will be on the Enchantment OTS in a large interior (K) room on deck 7.

What can I expect to be different as compared to Carnival and Disney?

Any additional charges upon debarkation (already prepaid gratuities)?

And any other tips that could help!

You are going on a smaller ship, for a weekend cruise. Differences between RCCL and Carnival will not be much. However, if you were to go on a larger RCCL ship, than the differences are amazing. Basically, everything is about the same and handled the same way. If you prepaid tips, than your charges will be what you put on your card for purchases and drinks. Your room might be smaller, but I have never had an issue with it. If you get to the terminal by 10:30, they will let you on by 11:00 and lunch opens at 11:30, with very little lines for the first ones on. After that have fun!

You are going on a smaller ship, for a weekend cruise. Differences between RCCL and Carnival will not be much. However, if you were to go on a larger RCCL ship, than the differences are amazing. Basically, everything is about the same and handled the same way. If you prepaid tips, than your charges will be what you put on your card for purchases and drinks. Your room might be smaller, but I have never had an issue with it. If you get to the terminal by 10:30, they will let you on by 11:00 and lunch opens at 11:30, with very little lines for the first ones on. After that have fun!

appreciate the tip on getting on at 11. Thanks!