Thoughts on the Getaway Spa Pass

TavelRN

I bought a couple of day passes on the Dawn this past summer. I really enjoyed using all the facilities. It was a nice quite break and was generally not too crowded. Going this Saturday on the Getaway and the spa is my 2nd stop to buy the pass after getting the vibe pass

We had a mini spa suite on the Breakaway last summer and spent most of our sea days in the spa. Unlike the main pool area, you actually have a chance at getting a lounger, and the stone ones are even heated. It was so quiet and peaceful. The pool was warm and never crowded. It was our lovely little oasis away from the 3,000 other passengers. I would go 3 times a day for a swim. So worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by cheeseburger.in.paradise

Are the spa passes for a 7 day $199? Holy smokes! We have had spa passes for the past couple cruises and love them but they were much cheaper than that if I recall, between $100 and $129!! My next cruise is with my 10 year old daughter so I doubt I will have time to hit the spa so will probably pass......no sure yet lol......maybe while she is in the kids club!!!

Leah

Thinking about purchasing this. We really enjoy doing water circuits, but are not sure that its worth the $199 price tag. What did you love about it?

What's a water circuit?

Here's a description: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44176343&postcount=8 and http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44176401&postcount=9 and http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44176445&postcount=10 of the Breakaway spa (not my review, but it's really a good one).

I had a spa balcony when I sailed on Getaway, and it was absolutely worth every penny. We went to the spa every day, at least once, and really enjoyed the pool and heated loungers. We met some very nice people too, since you end up seeing the other people with spa passes quite a bit. If we sail one of these ships again, we'll go for the spa pass or a spa balcony again, no question.

I am not a sun worshiper or a water slide person so I bought one for me on Getaway and I loved it.

My Kids and DH would head off to the slides and me the spa. It was calm and quiet, plenty of space. One day we came back from port and the kids wanted the slides so I went to the spa and had the whole thing to myself.....it was wow.

My only regret was I missed my DH I told him on Escape we are both getting it period. I think we might just need spa rooms but that's kind of a waste since the kids can't use the spa we will see.

I don't get massages or spa treatments (at sea) that's how I justify the cost but now that I have done it once I know its worth every penny.

A lot of people are saying how peaceful the spa is, ease of getting a lounger, etc. Just a quick flip side of that story. When we were on the Breakaway last year, the spa was always completely packed. Rarely a lounger (heated or other wise) open. Now, this could be because it was a CTN in Jan, so there were really no outdoor options for people to lounge away all of the alcohol from the night before. And there was just one full day to use the spa, so maybe more people bought spa passes than normal. But it was a bit frustrating, to not really be able to enjoy the spa at all during our trip.

What is the price of a day pass on the Getaway?

Can you only get day passes on port days? or is there a different price for non-port day passes?

There's no such thing as a Day Pass.

Weekly pass or nothing.

I am not a sun worshiper or a water slide person so I bought one for me on Getaway and I loved it.

My Kids and DH would head off to the slides and me the spa. It was calm and quiet, plenty of space. One day we came back from port and the kids wanted the slides so I went to the spa and had the whole thing to myself.....it was wow.

My only regret was I missed my DH I told him on Escape we are both getting it period. I think we might just need spa rooms but that's kind of a waste since the kids can't use the spa we will see.

I don't get massages or spa treatments (at sea) that's how I justify the cost but now that I have done it once I know its worth every penny.

When you say kids can't use the spa, does that mean i can't get a spa balcony room if I have a 14 yo with me?

We are seriously considering upgrading room, but now after reading this it may be more cost efficient to buy spa pass. Can elec scooters get to that deck?

Thanks

There's no such thing as a Day Pass.

Weekly pass or nothing.

I've read multiple reviews where the writer has talked about a day pass for $45 and sometimes a 2 day pass for $79 so I think its specific to each sailing and probably dependant on how many weekly passes are sold.

I've read multiple reviews where the writer has talked about a day pass for $45 and sometimes a 2 day pass for $79 so I think its specific to each sailing and probably dependant on how many weekly passes are sold.

Lately?

They used to do this years ago, the first time I bought one was $20 pd pp. I've been told recently this has been discontinued.

If anybody has recent experience, I'd love to hear it.

Lately?

They used to do this years ago, the first time I bought one was $20 pd pp. I've been told recently this has been discontinued.

My DH got the spa pass for $199 (Breakaway) last summer. I asked if they have a Spa Day Pass since we did not want to spend another $199, I was informed that they don't have it. I'm not sure if that was just for the sailing or they don't offer it anymore.

Thinking about purchasing this. We really enjoy doing water circuits, but are not sure that its worth the $199 price tag. What did you love about it?

My DH got the spa pass for $199 (Breakaway) last summer. He loved it so much and he thinks it is worth the extra cost.

We just booked a cruise on the Getaway for the next December and the price was quite good for a Spa Balcony.

Lately?

Last year on the Epic, they offered Day passes for $45 or $49, but only on Port days. Thats why I brought it up.

I'll be getting a week's pass most likely anyways. Never been a fan of Spas' but did the week last year on the Epic and it was awesome.

Have a hour or 2 in there between 5-7, then off to dinner.