Dawn Cruise Director

AEckhardt

It's my understanding the CD in the Dawn is now Dingo Dave. I've never sailed with him. Does anybody have any thoughts or comments on how he his?

The last time I was on the Dawn (2011) it was Paul Scally who I thought was wonderful. Unfortunately, he has moved on to another line.

We are a very lively, active couple and participate in the game shows, nightclub parties, and silly poolside contests. I like a CD who is present and energetic at most of these events, somebody who's the life of

the party. I'd love to hear others experiences with him.

TIA

😊

It's my understanding the CD in the Dawn is now Dingo Dave. I've never sailed with him. Does anybody have any thoughts or comments on how he his?

The last time I was on the Dawn (2011) it was Paul Scally who I thought was wonderful. Unfortunately, he has moved on to another line.

We are a very lively, active couple and participate in the game shows, nightclub parties, and silly poolside contests. I like a CD who is present and energetic at most of these events, somebody who's the life of

TIA

Per this post from 1/8/15 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45192049&highlight=dawn#post45192049, the CD on the Dawn is now Bobby Broughton. Had not heard of him prior to this post.

Edited by OceanDreaming2

Per this post from 1/8/15 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45192049&highlight=dawn#post45192049, the CD on the Dawn is now Bobby Broughton. Had not heard of him prior to this post.

Hmm, neither have I, but he's coming over from another ship so somebody must know something.. Thanks for the updated info OceanDreaming :)

Bobby was GREAT! I was on the Dawn the 1st week he was. He and his staff did an AMAZING job!

Thank you, Rollo89! That great to hear! I really feel that a good cruise director and staff can make a huge difference!

I've been on a couple where the CD was more focused on shopping and informational demos than just having fun. It certainly didn't stop us from having a spectacular time, but I really do enjoy and appreciate a great CD.

Bobby was GREAT! I was on the Dawn the 1st week he was. He and his staff did an AMAZING job!

Thank you, Rollo89! That is great to hear! I really feel that a good cruise director and staff can make a huge difference!

I've been on a couple where the CD was more focused on shopping and informational demos than just having fun. It certainly didn't stop us from having a spectacular time, but I really do enjoy and appreciate a great CD.

Edited by AEckhardt

Thank you, Rollo89! That is great to hear! I really feel that a good cruise director and staff can make a huge difference!

Most likely he will not still be aboard in September. 8 months will probably see at least one more rotation of CD's.

Most likely he will not still be aboard in September. 8 months will probably see at least one more rotation of CD's.

Yes, that thought came across my mind after posting. I considered the fact he may be due for some time off at that point.

Do they switch ship to ship often? Of course, with the expanding of the fleet, NCL has to bring in new people, staff gets rearranged, contracts only last so long, and time off needs to be covered, understandably.

I guess I'll just have to keep track as my next cruise gets closer.. I typically don't book so far out. It's very frustrating having to be so patient!

That was my experience with him on the 1/11 sailing. He was always around interacting with people, great fun when hosting the game shows, and had what I felt was a good CD energy without being too over the top. A couple of the other CD staff were just alright in my opinion though.

• 5 weeks later...

we cruised on the ncl dawn from Boston to New Orleans last fall, we enjoyed it so much that we are now booked to do the return trip new orleans to Boston.. As for the Cruise Director Dingo Dave we thought he was awesome along with the crew members that we had contact with..can't wait to see eveyone again...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Has there been any updates to the cruise director schedule for the Dawn, particularly when the ship returns to New Orleans? This will be my second NCL cruise. I was very impressed with NCL last year on the Jewel and am looking forward cruising again with NCL on the Dawn.

It wasn't dave 5/1. It was a texan Bobby I think? I'm terrible with names but i do remember him saying it was his first cruise on the Dawn.

Dingo Dave was on the repositioning cruise from April 19 to May 1, which we were on. We liked him a lot.

THis post = #336

Yesterday, 12:58 AM

marelind

Cool Cruiser

Pearl May 7-17, 2015

Hotel Director, Cary Turecamo

F&B Director, Rumi Khatao

Cruise Director, Dingo Dave Klooster

Guest Service Manager, Ronan Ramos

Executive Chef, Peter D. Costa

Restaurant Manger, Adine Barrett

Beverage Manager, Kiran Aguiar

Group Service Coordinator/Access Officer, Iris Alegado

Concierge, Elvina De Meneses

_____

Dave is on the Pearl

I got off the Dawn on Friday and it was Bobby, originally from Texas, lives in Florida. He said he started as a singer/dancer on ncl I think back in the 90s. Also said he worked for Holland for a time. I enjoyed him. He had lots of enthusiasm and seemed to be having fun. My husband commented that Bobby had this 'hey yall' thing going. And there was a lot of 'give it up' and 'make some noise'!

5/29 - 6/5 cruise was Bobby from Texas. He's a decent CD. A good guy.

Thanks for the update. Jaime DeSouza was the CD on my cruise on the Jewel last year and was very good.

I was very impressed with NCL and am looking forward to my cruise in November.