Price drop - do Celebrity amend the booking?

spazwok

Hi

I am booked in a Celebrity Suite for an Alaska cruise departing 1 May 2015. I just realised that the price has dropped by about $700 (for 3 passengers). I was wondering if Celebrity amends the booking to the lower price if you call them? HAL did this for another cruise when I called, but I remember last time I tried to call Celebrity there was some confusion about what I was asking and I gave up. I thought I'd ask here before I try again.

We are booked on the penthouse deck, and the rooms now available are on a lower deck would that be another reason the price is cheaper?

Apologies, I have only ever sailed with Princess before.

Regards

Alissha

Alissha

You really need an answer from someone from Australia but the basic rule is that Celebrity will honour price drops if you ask them BUT not if the new price is for "new bookings only" or is restricted in any way [i have read of Travel Agent only prices] AND you may lose any perks you have with your original booking if these are not available with the new price.

The price of a Celebrity Suite should be the same on any deck. I have never seen them priced differently.

Edited by Project_gal

I had the price drop even though I had paid in full and passed the final payment date. Anything is possible, especially if you are good customer.

Ask to speak to a Senior Customer Services Manager assuming that you booked direct with Celebrity otherwise your TA will need to do some work.