UBP...Debarkation Day

jjdshoe

If we have the UBP can we still get drinks in the morning before debarkation? We like having bloody Mary's and mimosa with breakfast and will be in no hurry to end vacation. Do they serve breakfast in dining room that morning as well?

I don't know for sure, but on our last 5 or 6 cruises, I've never noticed anyone with a drink or a bar open. Breakfast hours are early and end early on debarkation day. If you can find a bar open, I'm sure they will serve you, but at 6:30-7 am I've not noticed one open. Anything is possible.

Do they serve breakfast in dining room that morning as well?

They do serve breakfast in one of the MDRs on disembarkation day. They usually shut that down by 9am -- they need to give you lots of incentive to get out of those staterooms!

No idea if there is any bar service there, though.

Recently, we enjoyd a Bloody Mary with breakfast in Cagneys on the last morning. I will point out that although we had the UBP, the server was unable to run a ticket against it because all accounts were closed. They ended up just giving us the drinks.

I don't imagine any of the bars, even if they were open, would be able to run a ticket against your closed shipboard account...but this is just a guess.

I have always seen the bar in the buffet open during breakfast on disembarkation day, and I have ordered drinks under the UBP (and they made me sign handwritten tickets). The coffee bar in the Atrium/Plaza is also open, so they must still be charging people for drinks that morning.

they close out your account sometime after midnight and your final bill will be posted under your door or in the docket on disembarkation morning so difficult to see how could get extra drinks that morning

of course alcohol purchased during cruise and released on the final night could solve your problem for a late night party or breakfast final "I'm on holiday" moment-LOL

Edited by fabnfortysomething

My ex-girlfriend left the cabin for an hour that morning and came back drunk, so I am assuming they serve drinks that morning.
People retrieve their duty free liquor and other held alcohol on the last night of the cruise, so there are other ways to get drunk on disembarkation morning…