Pricing on Princess

CruiserErin

As you can tell from my signature, I have been on many cruises, but never Princess. For some reason, I always thought of Princess as being expensive. We just got back from the Voyager of the Seas, where we paid $2000 per person for a 9 night. We don't want to pay that much next year, but we really liked leaving out of New Jersey. I saw that the Crown Princess does a New York departure. How are Princess's prices in comparison to RCL (esp for a summer '06 cruise)?

With the Crown Princess being a brand new ship (and out of NYC) - the prices seem pretty high compared to FLL cruises. Summer in the Caribbean is also high since Princess only has one or two ships going. The rest of the ships are in Alaska or Europe.

Generally, Princess is less expensive than RCCL when comparing Voyager/Brillance class ships to Princess' Grand class ships.

With Princess - to check prices, look at some of the booking websites. You can not check Princess' website for prices.

Princess' prices are definitely lower than RCL. For your typical balcony cabin, you will find less than 2000pp on the Crown and it is a brand new ship. The Explorer out of Bayonne next year is more. I have not left out of NY or NJ but drove my brother yesterday to Bayonne for the Voyager cruise and I have to agree.........it sure was nice to drive 1 hour, luggage to porters and you are ready to board. Maybe if the ship would pick up its speed to reach better destinations, I may cruise out of these ports too one day, lol.

Archived