Just off the Sky

janpo

An experienced cruiser would never judge an entire cruise line based on the oldest ship in the fleet. With 26plus cruises under our belt we've sailed the oldest to the lastest & greatest on NCL, Carnival, Disney, Royal Caribbean and Princess.

We love the Sky. We're sailing her again in May. With the UDP we only have dinner at Cagneys and have enjoyed wonderful meals and service. In June and Nobember we're sailing the Getaway with the entire family. We never had a bad experience on any ship old or new. We know what to expect from each.

an experienced cruiser would never judge an entire cruise line based on the oldest ship in the fleet. With 26plus cruises under our belt we've sailed the oldest to the lastest & greatest on ncl, carnival, disney, royal caribbean and princess.

We love the sky. We're sailing her again in may. With the udp we only have dinner at cagneys and have enjoyed wonderful meals and service. In june and nobember we're sailing the getaway with the entire family. We never had a bad experience on any ship old or new. We know what to expect from each.

:) ^5 :)

Edited by tawaik

I guess you could say that we did "almost" the same thing. We sailed the Getaway back in May and then sailed the Sky a few months ago in November (but not because we got it for free). The only thing that made us book the Sky was because we already had the time off and we were down there anyhow (on the Sun out of Tampa) and figured why not extend our vacation the following week and sail on another ship we haven't been on. :p I would normally NEVER do a cruise that was shorter than 7 days, but the opportunity presented itself.

While our cruise wasn't the "best"...that was due to bad/colder weather and sailing the Bahamas, I have to say that I actually liked the ship. Like I said, we had just gotten off the Sun the week before (which is the Sky's sister ship) and had a complete blast! One of the best cruises ever. But, I liked the way the Sky looked compared to the Sun if that makes sense.

I can say that I am use to going from a big ship to a smaller ship so it didn't bother me too much. I go in prepared. We have been on the Epic (biggest NCL ship) and then went to the Spirit, a pretty small ship...with no problems. From the Getaway to the Sun/Sky. Then Carnival Dream with all the bells and whistles...big ship, then back to a smaller ship on the NCL fleet. I like variety. :D

Nowhere did i say i judged the entire NCL fleet for the Sky. Show me where i did.

We've sailed 3 times with NCL. The Sky is one of the ships we didn't prefer. Does that make NCL bad? No and I never said it did. The Sky was just not for us. Why does that bring out the worst in people? We are allowed our opinions.

We are sailing with NCL again. Probably on the Getaway again in August.

We did check reviews and the pictures of the Sky before we sailed. This place is to share our thoughts on ships which is what I did. No more no less. I did not bash the Sky. Reread if you think my opinion is bashing.

Nowhere did i say i judged the entire NCL fleet for the Sky. Show me where i did.

We've sailed 3 times with NCL. The Sky is one of the ships we didn't prefer. Does that make NCL bad? No and I never said it did. The Sky was just not for us. Why does that bring out the worst in people? We are allowed our opinions.

We did check reviews and the pictures of the Sky before we sailed. This place is to share our thoughts on ships which is what I did. No more no less. I did not bash the Sky. Reread if you think my opinion is bashing.

I didn't re-read the whole thread but I don't recall anyone accusing you of bashing. Also you did say that you met experienced cruisers who you told not to judge NCL by the Sky. I think if anything people are in agreement with that statement.

I thanked you before I took my Sky cruise for reminding me not to expect the Breakaway. I think that grounded my expectations, thereby increasing my enjoyment. On the other hand, I don't recall you mentioning Great Stirrup Cay. The only expectation I had of there was based on my experience years ago. I knew there had been a lot of work done there, but WOW, it really did blow me away.

Yes we met 2 cruisers who mainly cruised another line. We met them at the airport while waiting for the NCL shuttle to take us to the port. They were the ones who judged NCL.

We loved GSC. Laying in the sun on a warm beach. Got our grandgirls a couple of cute shirts at the shops there.

Edited by janpo

I don't really see where anyone is saying you judged NCL based on the Sky. Everyone here is just relaying their experiences and thoughts on the ship just like you did. You clearly stated that you didn't judge the cruise line based on this cruise. :) We are just all reminiscing of our trips on there...not judging you, nor do I see where it's bringing out the worse in people :confused:... Like you said, everyone is allowed their opinions. Some opinions just seem to like the Sky more than others. ;)