Cucina del Capitano

pearose

What all is included in the $15 price for dinner at the Cucina del Capitano? I realize alcohol and specialty coffees etc. are regular bar prices. But does the $15 include appetizer, main course and dessert?

On a side note, anyone who has eaten there in the evening......did you like it? Was it worth the extra $?

Thanks!

What all is included in the $15 price for dinner at the Cucina del Capitano? I realize alcohol and specialty coffees etc. are regular bar prices. But does the $15 include appetizer, main course and dessert?

On a side note, anyone who has eaten there in the evening......did you like it? Was it worth the extra $?

Thanks!

Love it! Appetizer, main dish and dessert. My favorite is the chicken Parmesan. Delish!

Thanks!

We go for dinner ever time we are on the Magic it is wonderful and well worth the money. Great food and service. Remember you can eat lunch there for free. Nancy

It's absolutely worth the money. The food and service are excellent, and we go for dinner once or twice on any ship that has Cucina del Capitano. My favorite is the chicken parmesan. It's free at lunch, but the lunch is basically a pasta bar. The dinner menu is much different and worth a try if you haven't been there.

We shared an Arancini, which are risotto balls for an appetizer. We each had the barolo wine short ribs as an entree and we shared the spaghetti carbonara as well. For dessert, we had the tiramisu. Spent 12.00 for this 2 years ago on the Breeze. It has since gone up to 15. Great value for the money. http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_breeze/pdf/Cucina_del_Capitano_Menu.pdf

For us the tradition is to have lunch at the pasta bar on embarkation day. So much calmer than the Lido deck. When we went in September 2014 there were only four other table in use. The food was good. We also always go at least one night. The price has increase to $15 but is well worth the extra for a wonderful meal and a very relaxed dining experience.

Well worth the $15. We are just upset that we waited until the last night to try it.

The food was DELICIOUS!!!!

There were 8 of us, and they brought us EVERY appetizer they offer.

ALL were phenomenal.:D:D

Preferred that to the steakhouse, even though that was probably the best steak I've ever eaten.:D:D

Honestly, if we had tried it earlier in the cruise, we definitely would have eaten there at least one more night, if not more.

Go and enjoy!!!!!

Is it appropriate to take our kiddos? Do they have a special menu or is it the same one as in the MDR? Is it $15 for kids as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, it's appropriate for the kiddos. And yes, just like the steakhouse is 35 for all, the Cucina is 15 for all. As far as I know, they do not have a kids menu, but I could be mistaken. The appetizers were served family style and we split a spaghetti carbonara instead of ordering sides to go with our barolo wine short ribs.

Yes, it's appropriate for the kiddos. And yes, just like the steakhouse is 35 for all, the Cucina is 15 for all. As far as I know, they do not have a kids menu, but I could be mistaken. The appetizers were served family style and we split a spaghetti carbonara instead of ordering sides to go with our barolo wine short ribs.

OP, double check this. I thought I remembered a kids' menu and pricing... But I could have memory issues... Been a year or so since the kids went...

Just off Sunshine yesterday. Ate there our first night on the ship because our dinner assignment was all messed up (like over half of the rest onboard).

It was just "okay" for my husband and me. We are glad to say we tried it but probably wouldn't do it again. We were brought a special bread board filled with bread, veggies and a special spread for the bread, "compliments of the chef", that was not listed on the menu. It was nice. About midway of our meal, the chef came out and introduced himself to us. That was nice, too.

As far as worth the $15 each, probably not for us but I'm sure a lot of people love it.