What to do back in LA before the airport ?

Cozzette2

Our flight back home doesn't leave until 8:45 PM. We will be taking the Princess shuttle back to the airport from the port. I know Redondo beach isn't to far from the airport and we could hang out for a few hours there. But, what about all of our luggage ?

I sure don't want to sit in the airport for 8 or 9 hours. Any suggestions ? There will be 12 of us .

Thanks Kris

I will tell you how we handled a similar situation with fantastic results. Arriving at San Pedro we picked up a rental car (previously reserved) which cost us about $50 for the day (less then the cost of transfers). Our rental car was a one-way rental with drop at LAX. Just tossed our luggage into the truck and took a nice drive up to the Getty Museum (in Brentwood) and had a wonderful time. We later drove over towards LAX and stopped at a nearby restaurant for an early dinner before dropping the car and taking our flight.

The problem with taking the shuttle to the airport is that you will have to take your carry-on wherever you go. And we also do not like checking our luggage more then 3 hours before a flight as those early luggage checks seem to increase the odds of luggage being lost/diverted.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

Thanks Hank. The big issue is the luggage and what to do with it. We also have 12-14 people with us. I was thinking renting a hotel room for the day so we can drop off all the luggage at least.

Kris

LOL. Guess you could rent a truck or bus :). Have no idea how to handle that much luggage.

Hank

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all of your ideas. I booked with Sunseekers out of Hollywood. You can chose a 4 hour or an 8 hour excursion. We are doing somewhere in between. They will pick our group up at the port, tour us around, lunch at Mel's Diner and back to the airport. They have a fun itinery and it all sounds so much better than LAX for 11 hours. Price, $89 per person

Thanks for all of your ideas. I booked with Sunseekers out of Hollywood. You can chose a 4 hour or an 8 hour excursion. We are doing somewhere in between. They will pick our group up at the port, tour us around, lunch at Mel's Diner and back to the airport. They have a fun itinery and it all sounds so much better than LAX for 11 hours. Price, $89 per person

I would suggest asking Sunseekers if they can accomodate your luggage while you are on the tour with them. Number is 562-331-1230.

I am sure they have had other customers with the same problem.

Edited by swedish weave

I would suggest asking Sunseekers if they can accomodate your luggage while you are on the tour with them. Number is 562-331-1230.

I am sure they have had other customers with the same problem.

Ken of Sunseekers is actually sending us an extra van for the luggage, he is really helpful. I can't wait to go on his tour, it sounds great.