Favorite Complimentary Restaurant

For those who have sampled all four of the complimentary restaurants, I was curious which one you enjoyed the most and why based on the food. Also, feel free to include any of the other complimentary locations on the ship (Two 70 etc).

Thank you for your feedback in advance!

Based solely on the food, it would be the Grande for us. It was the only restaurant where every dish we had was good. The other restaurants had so many things that were hit-or-miss, and we had a lot of mediocre dishes at American Icon and Silk.

With Devinly Decadence now being complimentary, I would guess that might rival the Grande for us if it had been complimentary when we were there. We absolutely loved the breakfast buffet there, so we think we would have liked lunch and dinner too (but didn't want to pay).

Each restaurant had its positives and negatives. Some of that depends on the particular wait staff. I would suggest rotating through each. Some nights there were special dishes offered. One thing I suggest are the spring rolls at Silk which are not on the regular menu but apparently are on the kids menu. Also liked the cod at Chic. We may be in the minority but grande was our least favorite. Divinely decadent has good cinnamon rolls for breakfast and Cafe 270 is convenient for a quick breakfast and lunch.

American Icon Grill was the best by far. Only venue with multiple good items per course. The appetizers really stood out though, top three dishes on the ship were all appetizers here:

Yankee Franks

IMG_0634.jpg

Buffalo Mac n' Cheese

IMG_0963.jpg

Reuben Turnover

IMG_0636.jpg

I ate so many of each of them, even had two of them on some days because they were so good I wanted more for desert.

For breakfast though Devinly Decadence was the best followed closely by Cafe@two70. I loved the atmosphere of Devinly Decadence, it was like eating at an upscale version of the Windjammer. IMO it actually had more items I wanted to eat than the Windjammer's breakfast selection.

For lunch Cafe@Two70 was the best. In general the ship needed a better selection across the board. Everything was very stagnant with the same items every single day and unfortunately the cafe was no different. There is a large selection of sandwiches though and I love getting a bowl of pesto tortellini from the salad area to eat with it. The soups in the Cafe are also identical to what's in the Windjammer each day so if you like soup it's nice not having to wonder if your missing something.