I had a ship dream last night

LucyR.

I dream't that the ship had an area where cruisers could take their containers of ashes of their dead loved ones. It was like a special temple area where there was a stream of moving ocean water and a lawn where people could sprinkle the ashes or keep them in the containers. Plus, they could also leave food/goodies as gifts for their loved ones. I saw bottles of orange sodas. Plus, they had coke sodas that I could drink if I wanted one. I started talking to some of the gals that were there and then i woke up.

Strange dream. Maybe a future dream because people do die on ships.

I met a doctor recently on a cruise who went to visit the ship's place where they keep the dead bodies of people who have died on their cruise. They keep them in a cold place until they get home.

I have met old people like me who say they are willing to die on a ship. I told my adult son I wanted my ashes thrown near a cruise ship so I could haunt the ship. lol. Some ships are haunted by the spirits who loved to cruise and died on the ship.

Edited by LucyR.
add more info.

I just remembered that I talked with a lady who said she had paid $500. to throw the ashes of her loved one into the ocean stream of water that was streaming by at the temple place.

That would be a great money maker for cruise ships if they created something like that.

Some people believe in putting food that their loved ones really like at their home temples of their loved ones. My mom has that belief. Every year on Nov. 1st which is All Saints Day is the day that my mom puts snacks at her temple of her loved ones photos. She also lights candles.

I like to drink orange sodas and cokes. I think that was why it was part of the dream.

We carefully sprinkled a friend's ashes while we were in port so the wind wouldn't be blowing. We stood all the way aft, said our goodbyes and her sister bent down to very carefully let the ashes go. Part of them went possibly all the way into the water, part landed in the gutter that runs around the stern, and the majority of Nancy Sue wound up on our faces and arms.

It was hard not to scream and try to wipe her off, but her sister was with us. Then we looked at her, and she was wiping her arms and face. Somehow, I guess from nerves, we all burst out laughing.

Bottom line, when sprinkling ashes on a cruise ship, be prepared for whatever happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My mother has dementia and is in a nursing home now. She used to cruise a LOT.

She think's she's on a cruise most of the time.

She thought she got lost in Paris and was so pleased we found her and she was sorry we went to so much bother to come over to pick her up!! All the way from Australia.

She didn't like being lost and she's not going on another holiday unless it is on a cruise.

She said the shopping this time was poor and that's why she didn't bring anything back.

The Stewards (the nurses) are very good to her and so helpful. The current ship is good but "not as good as Cunard". : )

Hi, I think I met you both on a Star Princess ship. I have cruised on it twice to Alaska. This past summer I cruised on the Carnival Miracle ship to Alaska.

I some times I have dreams that I am on a ship sleeping and the ship is rocking sideways softly. It feels so good.

I plan to cruise a lot more this year on different ships. My next cruise will be on the Crown Princess on Feb. 14th for my birthday.

I have also booked the Ruby Princess for Halloween with a singles group.

I am also planning to book a future 4 day cruise that stops in Santa Barbara, Ca. I like the short cruises

I might see you two on some cruise again. I have been seeing people who have cruised with me on some cruise ships. We are always happy to see eachother again. Huzz, Lucy

[paddingtonbear]My mother has dementia and is in a nursing home now. She used to cruise a LOT.

She think's she's on a cruise most of the time.

She thought she got lost in Paris and was so pleased we found her and she was sorry we went to so much bother to come over to pick her up!! All the way from Australia.

She didn't like being lost and she's not going on another holiday unless it is on a cruise.

She said the shopping this time was poor and that's why she didn't bring anything back.

The Stewards (the nurses) are very good to her and so helpful. The current ship is good but "not as good as Cunard". : )

Paddington bear -- I don't wish to offend you, but that's the best "older person with dementia" story I've ever heard! I so hope that if I ever have dementia that I think I'm on a cruise too. What a great illusion!