Ocean Beach for the Day???

Coolauntangie

I know nothing about Cozumel but we are looking for a place to spend the day and to parasail on our cruise in June/July. I saw a place called Ocean Beach, anyone have some input on this place. There will be 5 of us parents are 60+, myself and two kids (10 & 11). Thanks for your guidance in advance!:)

I do not recall "Ocean Beach" being mentioned on this board. :confused:

Paradise Beach should be perfect for your group - great facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach, good food/drinks/service, water toys for your 10 & 11 year old (extra fee) and the option to parasail, etc.

Van-cab to PB for 6 of you should cost about $28-30+tip

I do not recall "Ocean Beach" being mentioned on this board. :confused:

Paradise Beach should be perfect for your group - great facilities, HUGE pool, nice beach, good food/drinks/service, water toys for your 10 & 11 year old (extra fee) and the option to parasail, etc.

Van-cab to PB for 6 of you should cost about $28-30+tip

Ocean beach did have a brief period of popularity a few years back. It is part of a condo complex which I don't know if it was ever finished near Paradise Beach I think? It opened started offering day passes, was initially popular then some bad reviews and change of management. I have seen it continue to be offered via one if the brokers and there are occasional reviews. If you use the search engine on this board you will probably find some old reviews. Mixed reviews on Tripadvisor.

Never heard of Ocean Beach until I read c-leg5's post. A quick Google search reveals several photos and what looks like a nice (all inclusive) facility. Hopefully, you'll find a some people here who've had experience with this particular beach club.

Paradise Beach is a lot of fun (see JohninDC's post). My family (5 adults, 4 kids) had a blast there. Lots to do and see, or to just relax of that's your thing. A great pay as you go option. We did PB as part of an island tour--paid a driver for the day and got the chance to see many different aspects of Cozumel. We went downtown, toured the ruins at San Gervasio, took a nice leisurely drive on the east side of the island (many stops along the way for drinks, snacks and photo ops) then on to PB for some sand and surf relaxation.

You might also want to check out Nachi Cocum, Playa Mia, Mr Sancho's and Chankannab and compare them to see what you'd prefer.

Good luck!

Edited by Laughing Angel