Mayan Ruins Tour

CRUZFINDER

Just got back from the Mayan Ruins tour. Booked through Ivan & David and it was quite an experience.

Ivan was our personal guide (for 3 of us) and his knowledge of the site and it's history is quite impressive. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Very educational and far less expensive than the ship tours.

Just got back from the Mayan Ruins tour. Booked through Ivan & David and it was quite an experience.

Ivan was our personal guide (for 3 of us) and his knowledge of the site and it's history is quite impressive. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Very educational and far less expensive than the ship tours.

We did the tour with Ivan last week and he was very impressive. His knowledge and passion for his culture was evident and he really made us understand his heritage. I feel lucky to have met him and experienced this tour.

The website is http://www.chacchobenruins.com

It also lists several "contact us" email addresses.

It might take a day or so for them to respond back as

emails are very slow to that region.

We went on this tour on Aug 17. Simply one of the best

not to be missed.

We had Ivan as a guide and he gave a very personalized

tour. He was born in the area and knows it very well.

Not a rushed tour and certainly not crowded. There were

8 of us and we really enjoyed the slow, informative pace.

We also were fortuate enough to have had this Mayan experience with Ivan. It truly was the highlight of our cruise. I have never meet anyone with so much passion and love for thier culture as Ivan. It took us about 50 mins to go from Majahal village to the ruins and Ivan talked the entire time and never once did I glance at my watch or wish he would stop talking. The information that he gave was something that I think no other ship tour could ever give. In addition, it was very intimate and not rushed at all. If you are looking for an authentic Mayan tour, book with Ivan and David. You will not be disappointed!

Hi - can I ask which tour you booked, as noticed the website has a couple of options: CHACCHOBEN MAYAN RUINS, CHACCHOBEN EXTREME, THE MAYAN EXPERIENCE, KOHUNLICH MAYAN RUINS, or DZIBANCHE & KINICHNA MAYAN RUINS

Thanks! :o

Hi - can I ask which tour you booked, as noticed the website has a couple of options: CHACCHOBEN MAYAN RUINS, CHACCHOBEN EXTREME, THE MAYAN EXPERIENCE, KOHUNLICH MAYAN RUINS, or DZIBANCHE & KINICHNA MAYAN RUINS

Thanks! :o

I CAN TELL YOU THEY ARE PROBABLY TALKING ABOUT THE CHACCHOBEN MAYAN RUINS. THE CHACCHOBEN EXTREME IS NEW AND SOUNDS GREAT! I THINK ILL CHANGE MY RESERVATION IN JANUARY TO THIS ONE IF I CAN SWITCH!!:)

Went with Dave and Ivan in Aug 05 (met Moakes see post #4 above and his family). We went on the Chacchoben Mayan Ruins tour. Would have liked to go on the Extreme tour (with beach) but it was not offered at the time. Our tour was finished in early afternoon and we had the choice of going to back to Mahahual or back to the port. We went back to the port. There is a great party atmosphere at the port with pools, bars, shopping, and a free Mexican show.

Archived