Future Cruise Credit question

Poop_Deck

Sorry if this is a silly question...

We received a $250 future cruise credit when we booked our cruise on the Getaway (for October 2015). We are looking at the possibility of booking Escape for summer 2016. Must we complete our cruise on the Getaway before we can use the Future cruise credit or is it available for use now?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know you can buy a FCC on board to get $100 for the cruise one is on, and it's good for $250 towards the next cruise.

Are you saying you got one as a perk for booking a cruise?

I also bought a FCC to get OBC of $100 on the cruise I was currently on and could use $250 as a deposit on a future cruise. I thought this is how they worked. And I can't see mine on My NCL either.

I know you can buy a FCC on board to get $100 for the cruise one is on, and it's good for $250 towards the next cruise.

Are you saying you got one as a perk for booking a cruise?

Yes, we got one from our TA when we booked. I have not been able to check My NCL yet to see if it's showing there.

Sorry if this is a silly question...

We received a $250 future cruise credit when we booked our cruise on the Getaway (for October 2015). We are looking at the possibility of booking Escape for summer 2016. Must we complete our cruise on the Getaway before we can use the Future cruise credit or is it available for use now?

Received a FCC for booking a cruise in October? :confused:

That's very unusual. If it can be used now prior to sailing or even paying for that cruise, I'd cancel the cruise and rebook using the FCC. haha

You do not need to "cancel and rebook" (especially not if the fare has gone up or promos gone down).

Just have them apply the Cruise Credit, and refund your current deposit.

Or just add it to the final payment if that is close.

They are "credits", and don't need to be used only for deposits.

And you can use them to replace currently existing deposits, even if the current deposit is a higher amount (except for Haven Suites, I think).

We didn't know this until our PCC told us :)

There's a lot of flexibility that we didn't realize.

GeezerCouple

You do not need to "cancel and rebook" (especially not if the fare has gone up or promos gone down).

Just have them apply the Cruise Credit, and refund your current deposit.

Or just add it to the final payment if that is close.

They are "credits", and don't need to be used only for deposits.

And you can use them to replace currently existing deposits, even if the current deposit is a higher amount (except for Haven Suites, I think).

We didn't know this until our PCC told us :)

There's a lot of flexibility that we didn't realize.

GeezerCouple

My point is that it was given as a reward for booking a cruise, but they can now cancel the cruise and keep the reward. I'd book 10 cruises, get 10 FCCs, then cancel all 10. I am thinking we might be missing something here.

Where would I see it on My NCL account?

After you've logged in, click on my account. The drop down menu will appear and under your name and lat #, there will be a choice of "my account". When you click on that, mine shows "my cruise vacations" first- which is our upcoming cruise. The next category under that is " My Cruise Rewards & Welcome Back Rewards". That is where my FCC is listed.

My point is that it was given as a reward for booking a cruise, but they can now cancel the cruise and keep the reward. I'd book 10 cruises, get 10 FCCs, then cancel all 10. I am thinking we might be missing something here.

This is why I am asking if it is available now or only after we have completed the cruise...

This is why I am asking if it is available now or only after we have completed the cruise...

Perhaps you could also ask your TA what the terms of the perk are... rather than having a bunch of people here thinking that they're "missing something"...

Perhaps you could also ask your TA what the terms of the perk are... rather than having a bunch of people here thinking that they're "missing something"...

Yep- already shot them an email. I figured this was something that occurred more frequently, but I seem to be mistaken...😳

After you've logged in, click on my account. The drop down menu will appear and under your name and lat #, there will be a choice of "my account". When you click on that, mine shows "my cruise vacations" first- which is our upcoming cruise. The next category under that is " My Cruise Rewards & Welcome Back Rewards". That is where my FCC is listed.

Thanks for the information. I was pretty sure we had used all of our FCC. Nothing is listed so I guess we will have to buy a couple when we are on the Getaway in Feb.

Are you sure you didn't receive an on board credit from your TA for booking? Getting an OBC is usually what you get for booking, a FCR is what you purchase once on board and use towards a future booking. Let us know after your TA responds to your email please.

Edited by PCLMassachusetts

Are you sure you didn't receive an on board credit from your TA for booking? Getting an OBC is usually what you get for booking, a FCR is what you purchase once on board and use towards a future booking. Let us know after your TA responds to your email please.

The exact wording from my TA is as follows: "complimentary onboard credit of $275.00, complimentary future cruise credit certificate will be provided in the amount of $200, complimentary dinner at 3 specialty restaurants".

I am waiting to hear back from them directly regarding when the FCC is available for use.

The exact wording from my TA is as follows: "complimentary onboard credit of $275.00, complimentary future cruise credit certificate will be provided in the amount of $200, complimentary dinner at 3 specialty restaurants".

I am waiting to hear back from them directly regarding when the FCC is available for use.

Based on that wording and the fact that I've never heard/read about any TA giving out Freestyle Cruise Rewards as a booking perk, I would say that the "future cruise credit certificate" is something issued by the TA itself. In other words, if you book with the same TA in the future, you will receive a $200 credit towards your new booking. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's my take.

Based on that wording and the fact that I've never heard/read about any TA giving out Freestyle Cruise Rewards as a booking perk, I would say that the "future cruise credit certificate" is something issued by the TA itself. In other words, if you book with the same TA in the future, you will receive a $200 credit towards your new booking. Of course, I could be wrong, but that's my take.

That could be a very plausible explanation- I had just assumed it had meant the FCC NCL offers.

Sent from my iPad using Forums