Forgotten items...

T_Bone2012

Wow - We just had a great cruise on the Jewel - great crew - great food - great weather. As we were unpacking, we found that we were missing some items that we had packed. In fact, it was an entire drawer worth of items.

We thought we checked all the drawers, but we forgot to check one - the desk drawer in front of the mirror. I called NCL guest relations, but he said he didn't see my items on the big list of stuff that was in the lost and found bin. I explained that it was a whole drawer full of material left in a cabin, gave him my cabin#, and he once again stated that he only had a list, and din't see any of my items on it. He suggested to call back in a week or two to see if it gets turned in after the next sailing.

Has anyone had luck getting items back that were left in the cabin ( curling iron, backup laptop battery, camera, phone chargers, makeup, etc)?

Does anyone know the email contact info for any of the Jewel leadership?

Hotel Director.....................Steven Jacobsen

Exec Housekeeper...............Ronny Dsouza

Guest Services Mgr..............Gary Aldredge

I was hoping if I could get them an email, I may have a better chance of recovering our items. Any other advice would be helpful!!

A few years back we also left some items behind.....sunglasses, binoculars, keys, etc. all mixed in with the messed up blankets on the bed. :mad:

I immediately called NCL and they said I needed to call back in a week after the next cruise came back to see if the items were handed in.

I called back and I told them what items I left behind and they said they had it all along, with a few other things. :)

Soon after, the box with my all my items was mailed back to me.

Sorry, but I do not know the number to NCL lost and found in Miami.

I'm sure if the cabin steward or the next cruisers found your items, they

will turn the in and items will be mailed back to you.

Good luck.

We just had a very impressive experience with Lost & Found on the Pearl.

When did your cruise end?

We think, in our case, it took until the "next" cruise (after ours) for them to collect and document (which cabin, etc.) what was "left behind".

In any event, we left two sets of Bose headphones.

DH later remembered thinking, while we were packing, something like "those are in a shadow, we better not forget them".

Well, we forgot them:(

We had a lot to do when we got home, and "Calling NCL about the headphones" kept dropping from top of the list.

Then... the phone rang... and it was NCL Lost & Found.

We don't know what they would have said (if someone said, "did you lose 2 sets of expensive Bose headphones", others may well say, "um, sure, those are mine!!!" or such), because DH blurted out, "Oh! Did you find two sets of Bose headphones!??"

They did, and they should be arriving here in another day or two.

Now... let's hope they really show up.

KUDO'S to NCL L&F!

And many thanks!

Those headphones have seen quite a bit of travel, but we weren't planning to replace them just yet...

Keep in mind that on "turnover day", everything is very hectic.

We'd guess that it is after the ship sails off again that they can turn their attention to what was "discovered" in the supposedly empty cabins, and then they probably have a cart and a list that they turn in on the *next* arrival back at home port.

(Our cruise was Miami to Miami, which probably helped.)

GeezerCouple

Last year we were on the Getaway. On the last night of the cruise I purchased a lot of pictures at quite for a lot of money. Got home and no pictures. I had no clue if they had even made it back to our cabin that night. Called NCL and they didn't have them And was told I couldn't replace them. I was sad but what could I do. About 3 months later an envelope showed up in the mail with all our photos. NCL rocks.

Left my jacket hanging in the closet as I was going to wear it - was dockside with no jacket! Called NCL (just the customer service number) immediately I had hoped I could just go back and get it but no... they said to call back the next day - when I called they said they had my jacket and they mailed it to me with a week or so!

Excellent service.

Edited by cricket200
typo

My wife noticed when we got to out hotel in Venice after cruising the Spirit last August that her Nook was missing.

It was in her large carry off purse and she thought it got picked as we walked from the port.

I told her to wait until we got home that maybe she packed it and forgot and we were not opening all out bags in Venice.

She called NCL and it was turned in to our surprise and was shipped to us within 2 weeks.

Our guess is it fell out during breakfast in the Dining room.

This post took me back to our cruise last October. We flew first to Amsterdam and then on to Paris before cruising out of Venice. When we got in the cab to head to the airport on our way to Paris we realized my husbands work IPhone had been left in the room. We had the driver turn around and go back but by then it was gone. I contacted the concierge when we returned home almost two weeks later. They had his phone in the safe at the hotel and mailed it back to us. I thought we would never see it again. It was the Hilton Amsterdam. We were so grateful!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

DH left his hearing aids on the Spirit when we got off in NOLA several years ago. Realized it about 3 hours after we disembarked . Drove back to port, directed to an area that was handling "problems". Had to wait over an hour but man came off ship with them. Very grateful DH, very happy me!

Wow - We just had a great cruise on the Jewel - great crew - great food - great weather. As we were unpacking, we found that we were missing some items that we had packed. In fact, it was an entire drawer worth of items.

We thought we checked all the drawers, but we forgot to check one - the desk drawer in front of the mirror. I called NCL guest relations, but he said he didn't see my items on the big list of stuff that was in the lost and found bin. I explained that it was a whole drawer full of material left in a cabin, gave him my cabin#, and he once again stated that he only had a list, and din't see any of my items on it. He suggested to call back in a week or two to see if it gets turned in after the next sailing.

Has anyone had luck getting items back that were left in the cabin ( curling iron, backup laptop battery, camera, phone chargers, makeup, etc)?

Does anyone know the email contact info for any of the Jewel leadership?

Hotel Director.....................Steven Jacobsen

Exec Housekeeper...............Ronny Dsouza

Guest Services Mgr..............Gary Aldredge

I was hoping if I could get them an email, I may have a better chance of recovering our items. Any other advice would be helpful!!

Hello T_Bone2012, please reach out to our lost and found coordinator directly at 305-436-4774. He would be happy to assist you with locating your lost items.

Hello T_Bone2012, please reach out to our lost and found coordinator directly at 305-436-4774. He would be happy to assist you with locating your lost items.

NCL's lost & found is awesome!!! Keep up the good work! :)

Hello, NCL - and thanks again.

Given the huge amount of work involved in turning over the entire ship within a few hours (hotels have people coming and going 7 days a week, and scattered throughout the day for the most part), this is impressive - and appreciated.

It's all the more impressive in our case, because NCL Lost & Found called us, before we had gotten around to calling them.

(I suppose we also figured it was really a long shot that we'd ever see those headphones again...)

We aren't total cheerleaders of NCL, and we had a very serious problem in our Haven suite, requiring that we sleep in a non-Haven cabin until repairs were *finally* made :(, and the repairs could have - and should have - been *started* MUCH sooner!

This was a PUBLIC HEALTH problem, so there's no excuse for it taking so long to START repairs, even if it "only" involved one suite.

(DH has a senior position in the public health/medical field; and I worked in medical research before retiring.)

Given that we discussed this with several senior officers on board throughout much of the trip, we would have expected NCL to contact us about *this*, which was a far more important problem than a missing pair of headphones.

Nevertheless, learning about the other good Lost & Found experiences was a real surprise.

GeezerCouple

With all of the great recovery stories, I was hoping for a happy outcome. Unfortunately, they show nothing was turned in from our cabin after my 1/10 sailing, and nothing was turned in after 1/17 sailing was completed.

On the plus side, they did call back within a few hours of receiving my message.

Edited by T_Bone2012

Hello, NCL - and thanks again.

Given the huge amount of work involved in turning over the entire ship within a few hours (hotels have people coming and going 7 days a week, and scattered throughout the day for the most part), this is impressive - and appreciated.

It's all the more impressive in our case, because NCL Lost & Found called us, before we had gotten around to calling them.

(I suppose we also figured it was really a long shot that we'd ever see those headphones again...)

We aren't total cheerleaders of NCL, and we had a very serious problem in our Haven suite, requiring that we sleep in a non-Haven cabin until repairs were *finally* made :(, and the repairs could have - and should have - been *started* MUCH sooner!

This was a PUBLIC HEALTH problem, so there's no excuse for it taking so long to START repairs, even if it "only" involved one suite.

(DH has a senior position in the public health/medical field; and I worked in medical research before retiring.)

Given that we discussed this with several senior officers on board throughout much of the trip, we would have expected NCL to contact us about *this*, which was a far more important problem than a missing pair of headphones.

Nevertheless, learning about the other good Lost & Found experiences was a real surprise.

GeezerCouple

Do you think for just a second you should have thanked them and been done with it?

Some amazing stories on here, so glad folks got their stuff back, and kudos to NCL. And very sorry that the OP's story does not have a happy ending.

Related to this thread, and just as another way of helping honest finders return lost property to their owners, I wanted to pass along a web site that a fellow cruiser shared a while back on one of my Roll Calls. These are great ID labels for putting on electronics, cameras, phones, etc.

http://www.mavericklabel.com/products/id-my-stuff.html