Baby Beach Questions

Cruisegirl6

I was told Baby Beach is a very nice beach, has anybody gone there? I curious to know whether they rent wave runners, kayaks or if snorkeling is good there, does anybody know?

no rentals, its a man made beach not the ocean. there is some snorkeling near the rocks. not at all representative of Aruba beaches. go to Eagle beach or Palm beach. best snorkeling is Malmok

• 2 weeks later...
no rentals, its a man made beach not the ocean. there is some snorkeling near the rocks. not at all representative of Aruba beaches. go to Eagle beach or Palm beach. best snorkeling is Malmok

Baby Beach is not man made, although it may look like it. Nature and the storms have changed it over the years, but it is still a great beach. It is especially well suited for kids because of the shallow water and enclosed space. Hence the name "baby!" There are newly built facilities and the roads have all been recently paved. You can rent beach chairs and shade huts, but availability is limited. Snack bar food is available. There are no jet skis or other water sports. I'm not sure if anybody rents snorkel equipment because it is primarily a local beach and the locals all bring their own equipment. I snorkel there frequently, but it is very different from the other areas on the northwest shore. I've seen squid and turtles there, which are rare sights in the other areas.

HOWEVER, Baby Beach is a long drive from the cruise port. If you want to rent a car and spend a day hanging out with locals, then enjoy. Otherwise, a bus or taxi will get you to the northern beaches much more quickly.

Eagle Beach isn't the place to snorkel. In fact, there's no real snorkeling at Palm Beach either. If you want good snorkeling near Palm Beach, you need to go up the road to Malmok or Boca Catalina for the best places. Or take a catamaran tour from Palm Beach that will take you to the Antilla ship wreck and one of the two areas mentioned above.

Edited by We4lv2trvl

• 3 months later...

Hi, I am an avid snorkler but my husband needs a scooter to get around, breathing issues, not mobility. Is there a nice beach I can swim and he can maneuver a scooter to close to the water, paved paths, shaded areas, chairs, tables. How about baby beach?

Hi, I am an avid snorkler but my husband needs a scooter to get around, breathing issues, not mobility. Is there a nice beach I can swim and he can maneuver a scooter to close to the water, paved paths, shaded areas, chairs, tables. How about baby beach?

Boca Catalina is a great spot for snorkeling, there's no chairs but some shade. Bring some bread and the fish will swarm you. ImageUploadedByForums1432089099.761954.jpg.53d920163264773cef2a4461d939ef17.jpg

Palm Beach offers a concrete "boardwalk" along almost all of its entire length. With that said, there is no real snorkeling on Palm Beach.

This video

can offer a bit of what you could expect.

• 4 months later...

I do not want to hijack this thread. This is just an FYI

Please do not feed the fish bread. Bread can expand inside the fish and death may result. A good alternative to bread is banana pieces because they do not expand and are more digestible.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0LEVicnnQFWjd8ALyUnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByMDgyYjJiBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--?qid=20110424184448AA7R5sU

Thanks,

Charlie Tuna:D

Edited by Cantorindahouse