Day 1 lunch start at Cabanas on Fantasy

cruisefamilyforever

I just looked at a recent Navigator and it listed 12:00 p.m. as the opening time for Cabanas on the first day. I thought it would already be open when the first passengers started boarding. I know the Enchanted Garden opens at noon, but I thought Cabanas was open when the first guest stepped on at 10:30 (at least I think that's when the first boarding is). Can some of our seasoned Fantasy cruisers clarify please.

Although I've read that boarding is starting earlier these days, I've never seen it start as early as 10:30. OK, that's MY experience, and others may well have other experiences. The terminal officially opens for check in at 10:30 although like most things Disney, in reality it opens a bit earlier than that.

Our personal situation was that the food outlets on the pool deck were open as soon as boarding started, despite the later times listed on the Navigator. Again, don't know if this was standard, but that's the way it was. Since we are platinum, we were in boarding group 1 and got to the food rather quickly.

Although I've read that boarding is starting earlier these days' date=' I've never seen it start as early as 10:30. OK, that's MY experience, and others may well have other experiences. The terminal officially opens for check in at 10:30 although like most things Disney, in reality it opens a bit earlier than that.

Our personal situation was that the food outlets on the pool deck were open as soon as boarding started, despite the later times listed on the Navigator. Again, don't know if this was standard, but that's the way it was. Since we are platinum, we were in boarding group 1 and got to the food rather quickly.[/quote']

So you think as soon as they allow people on around 11:00, Cabanas is open which makes sense. Have you experienced the Enchanted Garden being opened that early too?

You know, I can't tell you exactly what time it was when we got there. We went almost immediately after boarding and were allowed in. It had to have been before noon, but in all fairness, I don't remember looking at my watch. I can picture the table and our server. And the ice cream was fantastic. We don't like to drag around our carry on bags, so I know we didn't wander around. And we were definitely in the first boarding group....Sorry that I can't be more definite.

Our experience on the Fantasy (doing a B2B, so first on at 11:15) was that Cabanas did not open for service until 12:00. We were able to actually go in there, but the food was just being set up and did not open until 12:00.

I believe the food outlets (poolside) were open once actual boarding began (11:30), but I'm not real certain of that as we went to Cabanas.