Email about Indy embarkation day

Epinz300

My family and I (7 of us total) are going on Indy this coming Sunday. I just received an email saying that we should check in based on decks your stateroom is on. They say that Pinnacle, Suite guests, etc til Platinum members (we are only gold) can start checking in at 12:30pm. Says deck 7, which is us, can start check in at 2:30pm. This seems very late to me. I have never gotten to a port that late before. Is this just their way of getting people to come in spurts rather than all at once? I was suggesting to my family to get to port by 11 am. Anyone recently went through this process on Indy or any other RCL cruises in a while?

My family and I (7 of us total) are going on Indy this coming Sunday. I just received an email saying that we should check in based on decks your stateroom is on. They say that Pinnacle, Suite guests, etc til Platinum members (we are only gold) can start checking in at 12:30pm. Says deck 7, which is us, can start check in at 2:30pm. This seems very late to me. I have never gotten to a port that late before. Is this just their way of getting people to come in spurts rather than all at once? I was suggesting to my family to get to port by 11 am. Anyone recently went through this process on Indy or any other RCL cruises in a while?

The suggested boarding times have not been enforced out of US ports.

Thanks for the quick reply. So would it be okay to get there at 11 still you think? In the email there was also a link to click saying I received the email. I havent clicked it yet figuring if we try and check in at pier at 11 and our deck says 2:30 that they might say something. Am I just being stupid haha

Thanks for the quick reply. So would it be okay to get there at 11 still you think? In the email there was also a link to click saying I received the email. I havent clicked it yet figuring if we try and check in at pier at 11 and our deck says 2:30 that they might say something. Am I just being stupid haha

I can only tell you that I plan to go at 11am or so this weekend (not Indy). Maybe they will make us wait, we will see.

I'm with you, I wouldn't click it either!! I'm on Indy in July and will not acknowledge those emails!!

I got email and ignored it.

We sailed jan. 3rd on Indy. I was at the port at 10:00 and on the ship at 10:30. They had some bars open so we had a drink. They opened windjammer around 11:30 and rooms at 1. It was all very smooth.

Cheryl

We got the email too - and at least 2 phone calls with the same information. As others have said, RCI is not enforcing these "suggestions". I, too, ignored the emails and phone calls. We arrived shortly after noon and had no problems.

I got email and ignored it.

We sailed jan. 3rd on Indy. I was at the port at 10:00 and on the ship at 10:30. They had some bars open so we had a drink. They opened windjammer around 11:30 and rooms at 1. It was all very smooth.

Cheryl

Was the port packed with people? Like I stated we are probably looking to get to the port between 11am-12pm. They won't tell us to wait to check in right? They may hold us in cruise terminal a little but probably not for long?

We received this email 12/29 for our cruise on Independence on February 28. It was originally leaving at 5:30.

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We are contacting you regarding your upcoming cruise onboard the Independence of the Seas between January 1, 2015 and April 30, 2015. Check in for the sailing will be between 11:00 A.M. and 3:30 P.M. and the ship will depart from Fort Lauderdale, Florida at 5:00 PM. If you have more than one cruise booked during this time, you may receive more than one message.We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Edited by nancronin

This is my email I got:

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on January 25, 2015, onboard Independence of the Seas. To enhance the check-in and boarding experience, we ask that guests arrive to the terminal based on the following times.

Guests on deck 10 should arrive for check-in at 1:00 P.M.

Guests on decks 9 & 3 should arrive for check-in at 1:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 8 should arrive for check-in at 2:00 P.M.

Guests on deck 7 should arrive for check-in at 2:30 P.M.

Guests on deck 6 should arrive for check-in at 3:00 P.M.

Guests on deck 2 should arrive for check-in at 3:30 P.M.

We invite our Suite, Pinnacle, Diamond Plus, Diamond, Emerald and Platinum guests to arrive anytime between 12:30 P.M. and 4:30 P.M. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Independence of the Seas.

Was the port packed with people? Like I stated we are probably looking to get to the port between 11am-12pm. They won't tell us to wait to check in right? They may hold us in cruise terminal a little but probably not for long?

No it was not at all. We were about #100 in line. Our bus pulled right up to the door. We parked at park n go and we were the only one on our bus. We live in Florida so will arrive early from now on. It was great. After check in sat in our emerald area for about 5 minutes and on we went.

Best boarding ever and fastest. All food areas were open on promenade too.

Happy cruising

We got the same email for the Jan 11th Indy our hotel only had a 10am shuttle. We got there about 10:40 we are gold so no special boarding. They opened the doors at 11 and we were on the ship at 11:19 I checked so I knew.. No problems at all we even did it with DL and birth certificates no passports. You should be fine getting there at 11.

We got the same email for the Jan 11th Indy our hotel only had a 10am shuttle. We got there about 10:40 we are gold so no special boarding. They opened the doors at 11 and we were on the ship at 11:19 I checked so I knew.. No problems at all we even did it with DL and birth certificates no passports. You should be fine getting there at 11.

Nice, we are gold and kids only have BC, but hubby and I have passports. Thanks for the update!