yikes!" My" NCL shows me "roger's priv. Info!

Annmeat

We are scheduled to sail in June. I decided to sign on to NCL.com to check out excursions. I entered my user name - not even a password- and the screen showed me

4 days until your 10 night Canary Island cruise!

I could access Roger's entire NCL .com account, including his and his wife.s e- docs. roger IS sailing in 4 days- I just do not know why I was given access to his private information .

Our names are not similar, I never entered a password- anyone else have a weird experience like this? A bit scary.......

Ann

Edited by Annmeat

very scary indeed...!!!! Lot's of personal info (for id theft) in those edocs:eek:

Not to mention...that they will be away...and his house address is listed !

Really? All I see are name and address in the eDocs... no SSN, no DOB, no bank account or credit card numbers, no maiden names, no passwords, no passport/ID numbers... so, no, not LOTS of personal information.

As for "they will be away" -- are we confident every member of a given household is going on the trip? This is the same paranoid logic people use when discussing names and addresses on luggage tags...

Really? All I see are name and address in the eDocs... no SSN, no DOB, no bank account or credit card numbers, no maiden names, no passwords, no passport/ID numbers... so, no, not LOTS of personal information.

As for "they will be away" -- are we confident every member of a given household is going on the trip? This is the same paranoid logic people use when discussing names and addresses on luggage tags...

Excuse me..but the op said..."entire account" including edocs .(not just edocs) In an account is the online check in WITH all sensitive info...

Also.. I do not get the logic re: "are we confident every member of a given household is going on the trip".......many thieves really will go with the odds of a vacant house..

PS I am not paranoid..rather smart and cautious (and the daughter of a police officer who taught me well).

Edited by jaja

I find it very interesting that you are reading everything you can find in their information. That is so much better than contacting NCL immediately to inform them of the problem.

Being a non idiot, I did call NCL right away AND forwarded a screenshot of the man,s info, then deleted it from my computer.

Jeez

Excuse me..but the op said..."entire account" including edocs .(not just edocs) In an account is the online check in WITH all sensitive info...

Also.. I do not get the logic re: "are we confident every member of a given household is going on the trip".......many thieves really will go with the odds of a vacant house..

PS I am not paranoid..rather smart and cautious (and the daughter of a police officer who taught me well).

Yes, there was most certainly sensitive info as I could access the online check in.

I know that I would be very miffed if someone found my info on their screen.

Triptolemus- it was giving me access to online check in. Yes, DOB, passport numbers - it was all there.

It was as if I were Roger- I could go in and do anything that Roger could have done if he had accessed it. being 4 days from departure, ALL his and his wife's info was there.

Were you using the same computer as the person that booked the cruise? Are your accounts linked?

No. I do not know this man or his wife. I was on the east coast, he lives in California . I was on my iPad in my family room watching a "Blacklist" rerun .

I am not going on a cruise in 4 days- I am going in over 100 days.

Yeah, I just logged into my account and re-opened th online check in which I completed weeks ago. To my amazement, the web app populates those fields (totally unnecessary) as you click through the check in process.

I retract my previous comment... An authentication failure of that nature is beyond inappropriate...

Annmeat, you did the right thing. It was lucky Roger and his wife's information came into the hands of someone who was smart enough to do that. It could have been very bad getting into the wrong hands. I hope it didn't go to anyone else's computer.

I wonder if Roger should have been emailed to warn them in case you weren't the only one, so they can protect their financial information accordingly? I hope NCL will let them know, but I'm not certain they will...

And I hope this didn't happen to anyone else!

• 3 weeks later...