Portion sizes.

chromered7

Everyone else was scared to break the news, but I thought it was best that someone do it, so here we go... Celebrity signed an exclusive deal with Kellogg's last week to be the exclusive provider of.................Eggo brand waffles on all Celebrity ships. Someone had to break the news.

I always look forward to fresh made waffles when we cruise. Eggo, really? I have a box in my freezer now. They have been my go to toaster waffle since I was a teen. There is nothing decadent about an Eggo frozen waffle. Perhaps this is a way for Celebrity to save money and prep time. They are definitely not something I would expect to see in a restaurant, much less a cruise ship. Hopefully frozen pizza won't be next :-)

I think reducing portion sizes could be a good thing judging by how much food goes to waste at each meal at the MDR tables.

You're right, of course, and it's even worse in the buffet, but it certainly doesn't pertain to me. I not only finish what is on my plate (just as Mommy insisted:p) but I also finish what my wife has left on her plate, and she rarely eats everything served her. The thought of wasting food bothers me. If it's half way decent, consider it down the hatch.

Celebrity signed an exclusive deal with Kellogg's last week to be the exclusive provider of...Eggo brand waffles on all Celebrity ships.

Eggo, really?

Zoomie,

I believe "neverbeenthere" was poking fun at me. Don't worry, the waffles will be there. ;)

My DW often eats half of what she is served. She says the food is not wasted since she would be at least 10 lbs. Heavier if she ate everything put in front of her.

Over serving is worse in US restaurants than on cruise ships. Most are quantity over quality.

Edited by TomBeckCruise