What's the Nicest Thing a Carnival Team Member Ever Did For You?

winddawn

1. First cruise...2005---free upgrade from OV to Grand Suite on Elation and kids from inside to OV.

2. On our 2012 cruise on the Freedom, the day of embarkation, our son checked his bank account because he was moving and wanted to make sure last paycheck was deposited. He saw that someone had made several (about 100) .99 withdrawals. He called the bank right away and they supposedly closed that card. As we were leaving port, right before he lost cell reception, about $5,000 in merchandise was withdrawn. We tried to make a ship to land call to the credit card company, but could not get through. We went to guest services to ask how to make those calls. We explained that the card was not going to be used to pay his cruise bill, but the purser still insisted that my DS call for free from their phones. They allowed him to make several phone calls for free that day and for the next few days.

3. We became friends with a drink server on the same cruise (Freedom 2012) We loved looking at the pictures of his daughter and family, and shared many tales. We took pictures of notes we wrote to his darling young daughter and he shared pictures she made for us. The last night he gave our large group free shots to celebrate DIL's birthday. We email frequently and are facebook friends with this amazing man, and his daughter has a standing invitation to spend a summer or school year (through an organization like AFS, etc. ) with one of us when she is old enough!

2008 I injured my back before a cruise. Doctor gave me meds pain and muscle relaxers said just a bad strain. The next week we drove 800 miles to Galveston. Being young and dumb and too tough for my own good I left meds at home. I didn't need them. First day of cruise I am in pain. I go to see doctor and explain I have meds at home but none with me. He gave me the meds I needed for the cruise. Then I ran out last day. Went back to him because I had an 800 mile ride home. He gave me enough to get home. Got home and found out I had a bulging disc. All this is a doctors daily duties. But he saved my cruise so left a tip for him to tell him thanks.

A couple weeks later I received a card from the doctor and signed by the medical staff that said they all went to dinner one night with my tip and hope all was will with me. He went out of his way to find my address and to send a card. Made my recovery from back surgery much better.

On our last cruise, the head waitress dotted on my son and took care of my entire family. On the last day of the cruise, she brought a picture of her son and said my son looked like her son who was back in the Philippines. She almost cried as she said goodbye to my son.

The manager of Guest Services on the Imagination gave DH and I a free bottle of wine at dinner time. We stopped and had a chat briefly with him. We told him that we came back to Carnival because of the change in the smoking policy. That night at dinner there was a free bottle of wine waiting for us. We were very surprised and grateful for his generosity.

Wow! That is pretty sweet! How did you score that, jimbo?

We normally travel with a group, but this particular cruise was just the wife and I on a 5 day on the Ecstasy out of Galveston. We were booked in an ocean view, and the ship had just come out of dry dock after being in New Orleans being used to house emergency personnel during the relief effort after Katrina. This was also just after Carnival had announced the Platinum loyalty program.

We were somewhat late in getting to the ship as we flew in day of using Carnival air and had to wait for another late plane to come in. We basically were processed quickly, boarded the ship, dropped our bags in our room and it was time for the muster drill.

When in the room, we noticed it was a sleep 3 (bunk drop down) and I at the time commented to the wife on this. After muster we went to have a drink watch sail away which was already in progress. Right after we got our drink we heard that we were being paged by guest services. We went down there and there was a long line and I went to phone and called them. He asked where we were (which was right around the corner from Guest Services) and he said he would be right out. We became alarmed thinking there was something wrong at home with one of the kids (and we had already left the pier:confused:). He came out, brought us to a back room and explained that they needed our assistance.

It seemed there was a family of three that had a sleep 2 room and were given a cot which they were refusing to take. They wanted to take our sleep 3 ocean view. In exchange they offered us the Owners penthouse suite. He took us up there to assure it met with our approval (which it did:)).

Afterwards I asked why we were chosen and he said we were one of the two platinum guest and that was the reason we got the offer.

We normally travel with a group, but this particular cruise was just the wife and I on a 5 day on the Ecstasy out of Galveston. We were booked in an ocean view, and the ship had just come out of dry dock after being in New Orleans being used to house emergency personnel during the relief effort after Katrina. This was also just after Carnival had announced the Platinum loyalty program.

We were somewhat late in getting to the ship as we flew in day of using Carnival air and had to wait for another late plane to come in. We basically were processed quickly, boarded the ship, dropped our bags in our room and it was time for the muster drill.

When in the room, we noticed it was a sleep 3 (bunk drop down) and I at the time commented to the wife on this. After muster we went to have a drink watch sail away which was already in progress. Right after we got our drink we heard that we were being paged by guest services. We went down there and there was a long line and I went to phone and called them. He asked where we were (which was right around the corner from Guest Services) and he said he would be right out. We became alarmed thinking there was something wrong at home with one of the kids (and we had already left the pier:confused:). He came out, brought us to a back room and explained that they needed our assistance.

It seemed there was a family of three that had a sleep 2 room and were given a cot which they were refusing to take. They wanted to take our sleep 3 ocean view. In exchange they offered us the Owners penthouse suite. He took us up there to assure it met with our approval (which it did:)).

Afterwards I asked why we were chosen and he said we were one of the two platinum guest and that was the reason we got the offer.

What a great story! I would have been alarmed too to have been paged to Guest Services. That isn't usually good news, but in your case, it was great news!

Congratulations on your upcoming Diamond cruise. :-)

What a great story! I would have been alarmed too to have been paged to Guest Services. That isn't usually good news, but in your case, it was great news!

Congratulations on your upcoming Diamond cruise. :-)

Thanks! We will enjoy it to the max.

Cruised on the Elation with friends. We were a group of 11 which included 4 girls age 8 to 20. My 20 year old niece has been a vegetarian since she was 12 but we call her a potatotarian since that is her favorite food. Every night the girls would dress up for dinner and the wait staff, headed by Andrew made the girls feel special, they did magic tricks and told jokes. At dinner the first night my niece asked if she could have mashed potatoes for dessert. After that Andrew brought her extra mashed potatoes every night. One night one of the guys ordered and Andrew said “you are not going to like that, I’ll bring it but I am also going to bring something else.” Andrew was right. We had ATD but sat with them every night and closed down the DR every night. We all still talk about Andrew and his guys.

Our very first cruise we were talking with the steward and mentioned that my mom and step dad wanted to cruise and loved seeing pictures of places--later that night we came back and two of the coffee table books with pictures of each place and descriptions and stuff were waiting for us! My mom and step have since taken several cruises!

I just read all six pages of this wonderful thread, and now I can't wait to go on our first cruise! I just love the feeling of goodwill and community that seems to be fostered by so many of Carnival's employees. Thank you everyone for sharing!

I just read all six pages of this wonderful thread, and now I can't wait to go on our first cruise! I just love the feeling of goodwill and community that seems to be fostered by so many of Carnival's employees. Thank you everyone for sharing!

Enjoy your 1st cruise. If you are like us, you will come back ready to repeat the FUN experience you can have on a Carnival ship. Let us know your thoughts when you return.

We have been treated well by many Carnival employees, but there are three who come to mind -

1. We cruised out of Galveston on Ecstasy with our two daughters and our waiter was named Boris. He was fabulous every night. During the cruise, our older daughter sang in the guest talent show, and the next night, Boris told her that he had been at the show and that she was a wonderful singer. She was very excited to get positive feedback. Some time later, we cruised on Splendor when it was still in California, and who did we see in the MDR but our Boris! Our older daughter was not with us but he made a point to ask how she was and if she was still singing. With all of the people these folks meet, we were shocked that he remembered.

2. My husband and I cruised on Miracle in February and he and our daughter had cruised on Miracle over Christmas. When we were in the MDR, a waiter named Alex asked my husband if he knew him, because he looked familiar. Turns out that Alex was my husband and daughter's waiter one day for breakfast, and he remembered our daughter because she ordered plain pancakes and didn't want anything else with it. We were amazed that he would remember this and specifically about our daughter. Also on Miracle, we ate in the MDR every morning and were served by a wonderful server named Chomilla. She was so nice and friendly during the whole cruise and we asked for her table every morning. She got to know what we liked and would anticipate what we wanted, and she wasn't even our regular person at dinner.

We made sure to let guest services know how much we appreciated these folks and others who have gone out of their way to serve us. People are so quick to complain, but fewer will give the positive feedback. We also give a little extra $$ to those who are truly great, like our MDR waiter and room steward.

Edited by MissyMac13

Back when it was called formal night, we missed it. Went down and poked my head in the dining room to see if I could spot our fantastic waiter. Our table was close to the door and he spotted me. I asked if he could put a prime rib and lobster dinner together for us. Without hesitation he said yes. Within minutes he was at the door handing me two awesome dinners on a tray with covers on the plate. It doesnt get any better than that.

I'm truly amazed and entertained at the wide range of ways that Carnival team members find to impress guests to the point that they remember minute details about their Carnival cruises.

Thank you to everyone for continuing to share their best Carnival experiences.

We were on a B2B on Fantasy last summer and tried every single way possible to get a ship on a stick. I've always wanted one and always lost out- trivia, what have you. Well finally I was one point from winning at trivia and there went my last chance. We had gotten to know the crew pretty well. Well we go to leave from dinner and Freddy, the maitre d, says "I believe you left something behind" and in a little bag are two ships on a stick. I have to tell you I flipped out. That meant the ACD, who I believe was Donkey, who was running trivia got the word to Freddy- I mean how did he even know which dining room we were in? He had to have read our names off our S&S cards and gone from there. Honestly on that ship everyone knows who you are. Guest services is amazing. They really had a nice ceremony for us as B2B'ers (we were the only ones).

So that was huge for me!

I am so loving these stories!! I don't have anything to add, except for one little thing that made me smile yesterday. The bf and I decided this week to "jump ship" and cancel our next RCI cruise and book our first Carnival cruise, which I did yesterday. Earlier in the week I had been to the Carnival site and set up an account so I could receive emails and such from them.

So yesterday this wonderful lady named Yolande calls me and introduces herself, said she saw that I had been looking for cruise info and was new to Carnival. She asked me if she could help me book anything, and I laughingly told her she was just a few hours too late, that I had gone ahead and booked earlier in the day with my TA. She actually *cheered*, lol. I thought, "Am I the millionth cruiser, or something??" :-p She welcomed me to Carnival, told me about all the fun ("FUN!!") we're going to have, and how downright thrilled the entire Carnival corporation is that we have decided to cruise with them. :D

It seems so silly, but it really made me immediately stop second-guessing our decision to switch! And keeps making me smile when I think about it. :)

-gina-

Good thread!

We were sitting in the lounge waiting for our number to be called to disembark the ship when I asked my husband if he packed his camera. (an expensive digital camera with several lens)

His face dropped when he realized he forgot it on the balcony.

I was watching a room steward walk up and down the aisles of the lounge carrying a camera case. As he got closer we realized he was looking for us!

So nice that he was honest and took it upon himself to find us before we left the ship! :D

Good thread!

We were sitting in the lounge waiting for our number to be called to disembark the ship when I asked my husband if he packed his camera. (an expensive digital camera with several lens)

His face dropped when he realized he forgot it on the balcony.

I was watching a room steward walk up and down the aisles of the lounge carrying a camera case. As he got closer we realized he was looking for us!

So nice that he was honest and took it upon himself to find us before we left the ship! :D

Wow! That is nice. I can think of a lot of situations where you'd never see that expensive camera again. Carnival really does have a lot of honest, hardworking team members that go out their way for passengers. :-) Glad you got your camera back.

On my last cruise, my friend and I both used up all the cash we had deposited for our S&S and didn't realize it. At dinner we tried to order a drink but our cards declined and we were both moritified. Our head waiter surprised us with two martini's on the house. After dinner, we took care of our accounts (switched to credit card!) and we went back to the dining room to give him a $20 tip for not making us feel like losers.