Two ships on embarkation

Gershep

Both the Breakaway and the Gem will dock on the same day. How does that work? What pier # and do both ships go through the same customs? Thank you!

Pier 88 I believe. Both ships will be side by side on embarkation day. The last 2 times I was on the Gem, the Breakaway was there as well on embarkation day. 16 thousand people between the 2 ships and people getting off and getting on and it is never TOO badly congested.

Both the Breakaway and the Gem will dock on the same day. How does that work? What pier # and do both ships go through the same customs? Thank you!

I've heard they will use both piers on January 30th, two of the wonderful pier workers (Brenda and Denise) told me this as we were chatting before getting on our January 4th cruise. Brenda will be at the pier with the Breakaway....which uses the full building and will be going into it's regular pier. The GEM will be down at the next pier.

The Breakaway won't be doing checked luggage on the 30th, since it's a 2 day cruise getting on.

I've heard they will use both piers on January 30th, two of the wonderful pier workers (Brenda and Denise) told me this as we were chatting before getting on our January 4th cruise. Brenda will be at the pier with the Breakaway....which uses the full building and will be going into it's regular pier. The GEM will be down at the next pier.

The Breakaway won't be doing checked luggage on the 30th, since it's a 2 day cruise getting on.

Good, I was hoping that would be the case since we're on Breakaway 1/30 for the 2 nighter.

I've been at pier 88 when there are 2 NCL ships together, and it's not pretty. Glad the Gem will use pier 90 on 1/30.

I just completed my check in for 1/30, it offered luggage tags. I haven't seen anything stating no checked luggage. I'm not checking any, but someone might so as to not carry around their stuff.

I just completed my check in for 1/30, it offered luggage tags. I haven't seen anything stating no checked luggage. I'm not checking any, but someone might so as to not carry around their stuff.

They come in handy if the cabin isn't ready yet and you leave your luggage at the Bliss lounge or wherever else they set up. There are not usually porters for a CTN though. We were once told the cruiseline doesn't want to pay for it--can't blame them for a short cruise though.

Edited by mizlorinj

They come in handy if the cabin isn't ready yet and you leave your luggage at the Bliss lounge or wherever else they set up. There are not usually porters for a CTN though. We were once told the cruiseline doesn't want to pay for it--can't blame them for a short cruise though.

Makes sense, but I think somewhere should indicate the inability to drop luggage off at the entry to the terminal....before we arrive..