Oldie but curious...chair hogging

ChristineS72

How is the chair saving game on the lido deck? Will be on Victory in a few weeks and only have 1 sea day..wondering how early I need to rise to get loungers by the pool.

It really depends on the cruise and the staff... First, you are admitting to being a CHOG??? :( On the cruise wife/I took in Sept, there was always chairs to be found around the pool each day.

Don't fret the small stuff, there is always spots in the sun to be had.

Enjoy your cruise

Of course there will always be chair hogs with lots and lots of towels draped on lounges as early as 7 am.

But then I am an old cranky woman and if no personal belongings accompany the array of towels I just stack them on the furthest chair and we use the lounges. If I use the pool my chair is covered in lotions and paperbacks and sunglasses and the drink of the day. I guess in removing the towels I AM just as inconsiderate as the chair hogs...oh well.

The worst incident of Chogging that I have ever witnessed was on the Inspiration. We grabbed a light breakfast and took it over to two chairs in the second row by the main Lido pool. Not long after, a lady comes up to the first row with a stack of towels. She puts a towel on every lounger in the first row. There were at least 8 loungers. She then threw a lone shoe, bottle of sunscreen, bottle of water etc.. on top of each towel. Her friends would pop-in from time to time but they never actually sat down to use the chairs. She had that entire row "reserved" from 7:30 am on.

Those chairs were still hogged when we packed it in around 2:30 or so. It was really a sad and selfish act on her part. She was obviously trying to hold the chairs for her friends just-in-case they wanted a pool day..... as it turned out, they didn't and at least 7 other loungers went unused.

:confused:

Carnival does claim that lounger saving is not allowed. The back of the FunTimes states that belongings on an unaccompanied chair will be removed after 40 minutes and will be stored at the Towel Hut.

On my Pride cruise last week there were quite a few chair hogs. By 8:30am there were about 25 loungers with towels on them. I had no problem walking up to the two I wanted and bringing the two towels to the towel hut for them to hold onto. When they responsible party came back I'd be more than happy to tell them their towels were safe. Low and behold nobody came back until well after noon and dirty looks were all i had to deal with.