From Columbia, SC to Port Everglades hotel?

vivianmarie244

We'll be traveling down to board the Oasis on March 7th. I've planned on leaving the day before and staying in a hotel along the way. I currently have the Hampton Inn in Boca Raton reserved but it is $200. Any suggestions for a better place to stay along the way that may be a little better price wise but still be a good hotel? I want to drive as far as possible so we don't have far to go on boarding day. BTW, it's myself, DH, and SIL going. :)

We'll be traveling down to board the Oasis on March 7th. I've planned on leaving the day before and staying in a hotel along the way. I currently have the Hampton Inn in Boca Raton reserved but it is $200. Any suggestions for a better place to stay along the way that may be a little better price wise but still be a good hotel? I want to drive as far as possible so we don't have far to go on boarding day. BTW, it's myself, DH, and SIL going. :)

That's actually a really good rate. You need to be careful about hotels right off the highway south of Boca Raton. They are generally really dismal.

You are traveling at the height of the season/spring break and many hotels are already sold out. South of Boca you enter Broward County and I thought you might be able to find something cheaper in Deerfield Beach or Pompano Beach but I just did a search on Hilton family properties and it looks like your $200 rate is a good deal.

Try looking at 3rd party web sites for hotels and motels in Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach or Lauderdale By the Sea. You can even get off the highway and go over to Route A1A (which will take you to Fort Lauderdale and the port the next morning). Check out http://www.superiorsmalllodging.com/index.php/default/hoteldetail/search/travelguide/id/49/storeid/107/ for motels in Deerfield Beach, Pompano Beach and Lauderdale By The Sea. You can cross reference their recommendations with tripadvisor reviews and maybe you'll find something! Good luck!

Thanks for the info! After hearing some of the rates on CC around $100 I thought it was a horrible deal. But maybe those weren't during spring break time. Got to compare apples to apples! :)

If someone only paid $100 during your time period, they didn't get a hotel in Florida. Even the roach motel hotels are getting over $150 during that time.

Keep your hotel, it is a very decent deal at a good hotel.

If you drive to Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach it will be about an 8 hour drive. The next morning you will have about 3-4 hours more to drive and will get to Ft Lauderdale just in time to board the ship. This way the first day isn't so exhausting.