Emerald Beach Question Help??

Boatingmom

Can anybody who has been to Emerald compare it to Coki or Magens beach. I will be traveling in April. Four ships in port that day. We will be docked at Crown bay and are traveling with teens. We have been to Magens, Sapphire, and Koki before. We also did a day sail and snorkeled off Honeymoon Beach St Johns. Considering Emerald for a change. Thoughts or suggestions??

Bigger than Coki. Usually no music. No local vendors. Little if any snorkeling. Closer to ships. Beach bars and restaurants instead of beach food booths/stalls. Entry not as gradual. Usually calm water. Some say prettier than Magens , but that's very subjective. Beach toys, chairs, and I think umbrellas for rent. Usually has jet skis. No entry fee.

May need to have hotel call a taxi though taxis are frequently there. Taxis come quickly. 2 small hotel properties on beach. Restrooms but no showers. More Europeans usually because of contracts with Danish tour groups.

Magens has the one snack bar with waiters. Can't remember if Emerald has beach waiters so maybe they don't. Magens has picnic tables and sheds. Magens has more natural shade. Magens has nature trail. No motorized water toys. Entry fee. Showers.

Both have nice, white sand. Both have had turtle spottings, though not frequent. Both are bigger than Coki.

Jet skis, flyboarding, SUP, kayaks, walkable but short taxi recommended.

https://www.rentamotion.com/index.php

stthomasflyboarding.com

Island Beachcomber is a popular spot for lunch and relaxing as is the Best Western Emerald Beach hotel

http://www.islandbeachcomber.net/index.html

http://www.emeraldbeach.com/

The beach is named Lindbergh and there are two hotels on it: Island Beachcomber and Emerald Beach Resort. Yes, you could walk if you wished from Crown Bay. They have the typical hotel water sports, including jet skis nearby.

Magens is part of a territorial park system with concessionaires for bar, restaurant, shop, non-motorized water sports, etc. Coki is smaller than both, has several local food concessions and a dive shop, etc. Neither of these have hotels on them.

• 8 months later...

I have read lots of the threads on Emerald Beach and have a couple of questions.

Are showers only available if you book a day room at the Best Western?

If so how much is a day room there?

Has anyone been they recently and can tell me the latest prices for a taxi from Crown Bay and the cost of chair rental on the beach?

The main thing I need to know is about showers, because the wife will not swim in the sea unless she can shower afterwards.