Verizon eGift Card

jcarlisle

Currently there are three threads on the first page of the Carnival forum about these Verizon gift cards, which BTW are not Verizon gift cards at all, but just Carnival eGift cards that you can buy through the Verizon Rewards program. There are also other rewards programs where you can buy these cards, not just Verizon.

Guess I am just venting, why can't we keep this topic to a single thread?

WHy does it have to be kept to a single thread? There are many things on this board discussed in more than one thread. Besides, the initial thread is many months old and pages and pages long. Plus THIS thread was discussing the fact that they aren't available for purchase. Not the program in general.

Other vendors who offer these cards have been mentioned. AARP, Fridays, Southwest. So the information is out there. Not understanding why the need to vent when people are trying to be helpful to one another about a popular rewards program. If the moderators want the threads merged, THEY will do it.

Thank you for the info. That was very helpful.

Can you give these to the people at the terminal when you first sign in to apply to use for your room instead of having to give them a cc?

One last questions, can these be used, once applied to your account, to pay for the DSC?

There are two ways to apply Carnival gift cards to use as onboard credit. You can visit guest services and they will do it, or you can use the kiosks onboard and enter them yourself. Whether you purchase the physical cards available online or in many retail stores or the egift cards through programs like Verizon rewards, it works the same way. Can't do it at the terminal. Easily done once onboard though. I don't know what you mean by DSC.

I've used gift cards for onboard credit, and so far this year I've purchased over $1500 in gift cards through Verizon and have used them towards everything from payment on our cabins (I book with a TA. Never had a problem) to purchasing excursions.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

WHy does it have to be kept to a single thread? There are many things on this board discussed in more than one thread. Besides, the initial thread is many months old and pages and pages long. Plus THIS thread was discussing the fact that they aren't available for purchase. Not the program in general.

Other vendors who offer these cards have been mentioned. AARP, Fridays, Southwest. So the information is out there. Not understanding why the need to vent when people are trying to be helpful to one another about a popular rewards program. If the moderators want the threads merged, THEY will do it.

Lets see, here are the two other threads on the Verizon gift card topic that were on page one when I posted. Both have ample discussion about how Verizon consistently runs our of the egift cards.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2160142

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081176

I am all for helping people, but I am also up for people helping themselves instead of starting additional discussions on the same topic instead of just continuing the other one. I certainly don't expect to have the threads merged by moderators. It rarely happens from what I have seen. They seem more concerned about deleting topics where people are complaining about the poor showing in CC Roll Call threads.

There are a lot of threads and topics to wade through here, it would be much easier to follow if the same thread wasn't started once every few days. I have done it myself before when I searched and turned up nothing, but others were quick to point out that the topic had come up many times before. I wouldn't have said anything if the other threads were buried pages back, BUT THEY WERE ON THE FIRST PAGE!

Sometimes people will search first. Sometimes they won't. And this particular thread has been helpful to at least a couple of posters from what I see. Just don't see why it bothers you so much. I don't disagree but I also don't find the need to "vent" about it. What the mods allow to stay, what they merge, delete, etc. Sometimes leaves me scratching my head.

Back on topic, I hope the ecards return soon. It's the most attainable one for me out of the programs I know that offer them at a discounted price.

There are two ways to apply Carnival gift cards to use as onboard credit. You can visit guest services and they will do it, or you can use the kiosks onboard and enter them yourself. Whether you purchase the physical cards available online or in many retail stores or the egift cards through programs like Verizon rewards, it works the same way. Can't do it at the terminal. Easily done once onboard though. I don't know what you mean by DSC.

I've used gift cards for onboard credit, and so far this year I've purchased over $1500 in gift cards through Verizon and have used them towards everything from payment on our cabins (I book with a TA. Never had a problem) to purchasing excursions.

Awesome. Thanks so much for the info. Can't do it at check in. Can do it on board. So I guess I will use my cc to check in and then go to the desk to apply them toward my room charges.

DSC= Daily Service Charges (which I have no idea what it currently is...$10 a day per person?)

So since people purchase these after booking a cruise and then use them online to pay for their cruise a little at a time...I'm thinking of getting some to use to book my cruise but the only problem is that I have to pay mine in full ASAP since I'm only 55 days out now. I know our local grocery store that has them only allows you to purchase $1000 a day. I guess anything will help though.

Thanks for all the information...where here or there or anywhere per Dr Seuss. :D

Lets see, here are the two other threads on the Verizon gift card topic that were on page one when I posted. Both have ample discussion about how Verizon consistently runs our of the egift cards.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2160142

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2081176

I am all for helping people, but I am also up for people helping themselves instead of starting additional discussions on the same topic instead of just continuing the other one. I certainly don't expect to have the threads merged by moderators. It rarely happens from what I have seen. They seem more concerned about deleting topics where people are complaining about the poor showing in CC Roll Call threads.

There are a lot of threads and topics to wade through here, it would be much easier to follow if the same thread wasn't started once every few days. I have done it myself before when I searched and turned up nothing, but others were quick to point out that the topic had come up many times before. I wouldn't have said anything if the other threads were buried pages back, BUT THEY WERE ON THE FIRST PAGE!

I agree with all of this. One thread should be it. The other 2 should be deleted.

I agree with all of this. One thread should be it. The other 2 should be deleted.

Not sure the others should be deleted, they all have good information. There should just be more controls to keep the same topic in a single thread. Picking through the forum for the different threads is a pain. It would be great if they would merge topics much more often than they do, but since they don't. I will continue to be annoyed, but I will keep it to myself from now on :)

Edited by dioxide45