Verizon eGift Card

jcarlisle

Has anyone tried purchasing the Verizon eGift card recently? Just went out to look and could only find a $100 "Booking Gift Certificate" available. I know that there used to be gift cards in $50, $100 and $500 denominations. Want to get a few to pay down my cruise balance.

• 2 weeks later...
Tried again with no luck. Sent email to Verizon and got response saying they will not be available for "some time" until they can resolve "security concerns"!!![emoji33][emoji33]

Interesting. I noticed the RCI ones are back on the Verizon website. Wonder why CCL would be a security concern but not RCI? :confused:

I just seen the other thread too (started last year) and went and signed up on my Verizon account and have over 50k in points to spend. I would sure love to be able to purchase some before our cruise in April.

Can someone tell me how these work?

I just seen the other thread too (started last year) and went and signed up on my Verizon account and have over 50k in points to spend. I would sure love to be able to purchase some before our cruise in April.

Can someone tell me how these work?

What is the advantage of these cards?I have over 183,000 pionts

on my Verizon account.Is it that use save 10% per.cent of purchase.

You quoted me, but I have no idea how they work, which is why I was asking on here myself. Hopefully someone will be able to explain it a little more. I'm just discovering it myself.

Also...to others, how do you earn these points? Is it just by paying your bill each month they give you points to use?

Currently there are three threads on the first page of the Carnival forum about these Verizon gift cards, which BTW are not Verizon gift cards at all, but just Carnival eGift cards that you can buy through the Verizon Rewards program. There are also other rewards programs where you can buy these cards, not just Verizon.

Guess I am just venting, why can't we keep this topic to a single thread?

Edited by dioxide45

If it works like one of my other reward programs, if you buy a $100 gift card you use $90 cash and 10 points to pay for the difference. Buy a $500 one and pay 50 points and $450 cash. Of course Verizon may work differently. It is like an additional 10% savings on a cruise.

Edited by dioxide45

Log into your Verizon account and then select the rewards on top left side of page to redeem for many different items. Some are free some items are reduced in price by redeeming a certain amount of points. As for the Carnival e cards, you could purchase 50, 100, or 500 to use to pay towards your cruise or to have as OBC. You save 10%, so if you select the 100 Ecard it actually only costs you $90.00. After you purchase an e-card you simply log onto your carnival account and apply as payment. If you want for OBC you take on ship with you and either redeem at kiosk or go to guest services to apply to your sail and sign. There have been a few other threads on this if you need any more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully someone will be able to explain it a little more. I'm just discovering it myself.

Also...to others, how do you earn these points? Is it just by paying your bill each month they give you points to use?

Yes, you get points each month. You can redeem points to purchase the Carnival egift cards at a 10% discount.

They used to have them available as both a certificate and an egift card (which could be emailed instead of sent via regular mail and applied to a Carnival balance immediately), but they are currently sold out (Royal Caribbean currently has the certificate version available in the $100 denomination).

They had several denominations, up to $500. You would redeem (I think 5,000 but can't remember for sure) points and pay $450 for a $500 Gift Card.

The egift cards could be used for just about anything except an initial deposit, and my TA also accepts them for anything other than the initial deposit or insurance (it isn't the Carnival insurance plan).

Log into your Verizon account and then select the rewards on top left side of page to redeem for many different items. Some are free some items are reduced in price by redeeming a certain amount of points. As for the Carnival e cards, you could purchase 50, 100, or 500 to use to pay towards your cruise or to have as OBC. You save 10%, so if you select the 100 Ecard it actually only costs you $90.00. After you purchase an e-card you simply log onto your carnival account and apply as payment. If you want for OBC you take on ship with you and either redeem at kiosk or go to guest services to apply to your sail and sign. There have been a few other threads on this if you need any more info.

One note, you can only apply them to the cruise online if you booked through Carnival. If you booked through a TA, you can't add it toward final payment online. Not sure if you can do it through your TA though.

Interesting. I noticed the RCI ones are back on the Verizon website. Wonder why CCL would be a security concern but not RCI? :confused:

I think the RCI ones that are available are the actual certificates that get mailed and not the egift cards that are received and can be redeemed immediately.

Thank you for the info. That was very helpful.

Can you give these to the people at the terminal when you first sign in to apply to use for your room instead of having to give them a cc?

One last questions, can these be used, once applied to your account, to pay for the DSC?

Thank you for the info. That was very helpful.

Can you give these to the people at the terminal when you first sign in to apply to use for your room instead of having to give them a cc?

One last questions, can these be used, once applied to your account, to pay for the DSC?

I'm not quite sure, maybe some else can chime in on that first question. I don't know what DSC is? Sorry mitsugirly