Dry Dock for the Millennium

katiebeth

We are booked on the Millie next summer on a Western Med. Cruise. We have cruised with Celebrity before on the Constellation and Infinity. Both are beautiful ships and very well maintained.

I am a little concerned about the Milennium, however, based on comments I have seen on trip advisor. Many have commented that the staterooms are looking rather tired with worn carpet, torn curtains, chipped tile in the bathrooms, etc.

I believe the ship is scheduled for drydock sometime this Fall. Does anyone know if the staterooms receive any type of refurbishing during drydock? I can't imagine that they have time to do anything extensive given the short time-frame.

I would also be interested in hearing from anyone who has sailed the Millie recently as well.

Thank you!!

I sailed the Millie last November. I would say she was still looking pretty good. I was more impressed with improvements than the ship looking worn out. Some of the renovation you speak of is in progress throughout the year. We were staying in a CS - One day while we were out, they pulled out the computer and replaced it with a new Monitor and PC. In one port they re-carpeted the CS next to ours and about 6 Sky Suites during the shore excursion.

The Millennium has areas well maintained and other not maintained at all. For instance, the inside swimming pool is full of roasty (some small painting any year would had solve the problem), its decor based on artificial plants has not been never maintained and has lost most of the leaves, and some day you may find the roasty which was brown colored in green by the algae. Notwithstanding, the pool works well.

Carpets are OK (I am just arrived) in all the ship as well as most of decoration except the holes you may find in some tapestries in lounges and the color faded when outside near the outside swimming pool.

The main problem related to maintenance our group found was related to mattresses which were all deformed and not changed.

The maintenance problems are small and easyly solved if the responsible was competent and the hotel director would perform his duty correctly.

The problems of Millennium which affect passengers are not of the kind that those what have to be solved in a drydock but by the incomptence of some of the high management of the ship.

I expect that the Millennium drydock will serve also to renew the management with competent members. The Brillance of the Seas was build two years after the Millennium but it seem to belong to a anonther generation due to her excelente maintaining. May be RCCI should send to Millennium the BOS Hotel Director and head of maintaining to the Millennium.

based on comments I have seen on trip advisor.

I have used & posted reviews on tripadvisor.com for hotels and B&B's. But I had no idea that you can read reviews on cruises. I looked on their website again, but could not find cruises. Where is this located?

Thanks in advance!.. Nancy

Dear Lusochic,

I am so sorry!! You are right, you cannot find reviews of cruise ships on trip advisor. I am blaming my over age 40 brain and my two pre-adolescent children for the mix-up (it's the combination of the two that have caused me to lose brain cells)!!! I really met to say cruise critic and not trip advisor.

Trip advisor is a great site for hotel reviews, restaurants, and sightseeing recommendations, however.

Sorry for the mix-up and thanks for pointing out my mistake!!

Nancy

Archived