Breakaway Flight...what would you do?

douglasap8

We'll be arriving back on the Breakaway on Easter (4/5). We originally had a flight out of LGA at 2:40, getting home before 5:00. Now, they've changed our flight to leave LGA at 4:15, not getting home until 6:40.

We will have a 3 and 5 year old with us, and will have work and school the next day. The thought of sitting at the airport all day with them is not appealing. However, there is another flight out at 11:57am.

Our options...we could stick with the later flight and try to get stand-by for the earlier one. Or, we could change (without fee) to the earlier one and hope we make it. I know every time we cruise out of Miami we're to the airport plenty early. Just wasn't sure what the logistics are for NYC.

Thanks!

Edited by douglasap8

We'll be arriving back on the Breakaway on Easter (4/5). We originally had a flight out of LGA at 2:40, getting home before 5:00. Now, they've changed our flight to leave LGA at 4:15, not getting home until 6:40.

We will have a 3 and 5 year old with us, and will have work and school the next day. The thought of sitting at the airport all day with them is not appealing. However, there is another flight out at 11:57am.

Our options...we could stick with the later flight and try to get stand-by for the earlier one. Or, we could change (without fee) to the earlier one and hope we make it. I know every time we cruise out of Miami we're to the airport plenty early. Just wasn't sure what the logistics are for NYC.

Thanks!

Definitely take the early flight. You will have plenty of time.

Thanks!

I understand your dilemma; I live 10 minutes without traffic from LGA and know from experience that with traffic this could easily be much longer.

The ship could be delayed for any number and reasons and traffic in NYC is unpredictable. Reduce your stress and please take the later flight. DH drove a NYC cab years ago and he also sais "take the later flight".

Good luck with your decision and have a great cruise.

Early flight. However I would arrange for a private limo service to pick you up at the port

Fwiw you can get off the BA very early. It is Easter Sunday and does anyone really think there will be a traffic jam that early? Lol

Also in the event the BA is delayed buy travel Insurance and enjoy the day in NYC

We were delayed 4 days in 2004 when we got caught up in hurricaine Frances and the ship couldn't make it back to port. We just circled in the gulf and discovered costa maya and Galveston ports.

4 Kids aged 3 to 14 and the 14 yo missed her first day in high school too. We survived

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

Being you need 4 seats, standing by is not likely to be successful.

But, this new flight time is doable. I suggest you do self walk off and have arranged car service. Even with some snags the time is still favorable.