Self Service Laundry

cruisinlawn

Many questions I realize with lack of real info available. It's been 3yrs since we sailed Carni, our last being on Freedom and Dream in Fall '011.

Does one know if Vista will have the self serve laundry rooms and if so, how might I locate them? We enjoy having a cabin near these locations and looking at the Med itin next year. Any input is appreciated. TIA. Enjoy :)

Look on the deck plans for a "laundromat" and you'll find where to book your next stateroom.

Wow, now that's a revelation. I've already scanned plans for that exact info. Unfortunately, they are not identified. Out of our 20+ Carni sailings, I have never seen them id'd on deck plans. Sailing on Princess, they are marked accordingly.

I do see areas where they are most likely going to be (white/gray space near elevators) but want to ensure this. Then again, another concern is that Carni has done away with them. Thanks anyway.

lol at that comment - but you're right i've never seen them on deck plans either.

given that vista is an evolution of the dream class / most recently the breeze's plan / layout, i think it's at least useful to reference where they are on breeze:

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

if you look at the deck plans of vista vs. breeze these specific areas are very similar on each ship and its conceivable that this would be the location of the launderettes on vista as well. the ironing rooms - not as similar.

so, that's where i'd start as it looks promising. to my knowledge carnival hasn't addressed this issue in particular one way or another, but i'd be surprised if they were to be eliminated, especially considering how very similar vista's deck plans are in this regard to the dream class ships.

lol at that comment - but you're right i've never seen them on deck plans either.

given that vista is an evolution of the dream class / most recently the breeze's plan / layout, i think it's at least useful to reference where they are on breeze:

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

if you look at the deck plans of vista vs. breeze these specific areas are very similar on each ship and its conceivable that this would be the location of the launderettes on vista as well. the ironing rooms - not as similar.

so, that's where i'd start as it looks promising. to my knowledge carnival hasn't addressed this issue in particular one way or another, but i'd be surprised if they were to be eliminated, especially considering how very similar vista's deck plans are in this regard to the dream class ships.

Concur, without definitive info I thought I would use past info from our Dream sailing (never sailed Breeze) and take a best guess. I do appreciate the info for Breeze and it to is very similar to Dream. Smooth sailings.

Concur, without definitive info I thought I would use past info from our Dream sailing (never sailed Breeze) and take a best guess. I do appreciate the info for Breeze and it to is very similar to Dream. Smooth sailings.

yup, and the deck plans between breeze & vista for the gray areas by those cabins ARE pretty much identical. so i think it's a good bet!

Well, least we know your sailing status and you did up your post count:)

LOL, by 2! that made me laugh. maybe that was his purpose :rolleyes:

and so did you, congrats on breaking 1,000 - for whatever that's worth lol :)

Well, least we know your sailing status and you did up your post count:)

yup, and the deck plans between breeze & vista for the gray areas by those cabins ARE pretty much identical. so i think it's a good bet!

LOL, by 2! that made me laugh. maybe that was his purpose :rolleyes:

and so did you, congrats on breaking 1,000 - for whatever that's worth lol :)

Three now. I should be at 415 by now, but you know how it goes.

Carnival and other cruise lines do my laundry gratis. For me, there is no need to worry about where they are located. :D

They are now demonstrated on cruisedeckplans.com. I just checked my deck (deck 9) and it is located port side by the forward elevators. I am going to ATTEMPT to pack light and just do laundry as needed, which is hopefully just once. Going to pack for a 5 day and just wear everything twice (going on the 10 day, but will need to just pack for 2 formals).

Any advice on packing lite is appreciated. I probably will just stick to black/white + 1 or 2 colors this way everything can match if I just switch things off.

I plan on getting some good walking shoes (I like Clark's sandals) that I can wear as "resort casual" footwear but that will also protect my feet on some of the European cobblestone streets. For formal, I will probably get a dressy pair of ballet flats along with nice black slacks and just change the top.

They are now demonstrated on cruisedeckplans.com. I just checked my deck (deck 9) and it is located port side by the forward elevators. I am going to ATTEMPT to pack light and just do laundry as needed, which is hopefully just once. Going to pack for a 5 day and just wear everything twice (going on the 10 day, but will need to just pack for 2 formals).

Any advice on packing lite is appreciated. I probably will just stick to black/white + 1 or 2 colors this way everything can match if I just switch things off.

I plan on getting some good walking shoes (I like Clark's sandals) that I can wear as "resort casual" footwear but that will also protect my feet on some of the European cobblestone streets. For formal, I will probably get a dressy pair of ballet flats along with nice black slacks and just change the top.

We were lucky our last cruise. We spent 3 days pre cruise in Barcelona and rented an apartment/hotel with a washer so we boarded the ship with all clean clothes.

I just try to make sure everything can mix and match. One pair of jeans for cool weather, 2 pair of capris, 2 pair of shorts and lots of lightweight tops that can be worn with any of the bottoms. I may try to get away with one little black dress for formals and just change it up with different accessories.

Packing light is also a great excuse to have to buy something to supplement the wardrobe ;) There are some great shops near the old port in Marseille! And tons of cute stuff in Barcelona!! Sorrento had purses and belts for a steal!

We were lucky our last cruise. We spent 3 days pre cruise in Barcelona and rented an apartment/hotel with a washer so we boarded the ship with all clean clothes.

I just try to make sure everything can mix and match. One pair of jeans for cool weather, 2 pair of capris, 2 pair of shorts and lots of lightweight tops that can be worn with any of the bottoms. I may try to get away with one little black dress for formals and just change it up with different accessories.

Packing light is also a great excuse to have to buy something to supplement the wardrobe ;) There are some great shops near the old port in Marseille! And tons of cute stuff in Barcelona!! Sorrento had purses and belts for a steal!

Great ideas. We're just going to stay in Barcelona one night. I also plan on doing a few beach excursions for Greece so will need to bring swim suits.

Do you just bring a carry on or do you check your bag?

Great ideas. We're just going to stay in Barcelona one night. I also plan on doing a few beach excursions for Greece so will need to bring swim suits.

Do you just bring a carry on or do you check your bag?

I bring a checked bag, my purse and a carry on. I try not to fill them so there is room for my "finds" on the way back :p My son will have a backpack as his carryon so we can carry that while in port.

Shame we are not on the same sailing! We are between Ft. Myers and Sarasota - same neck of the woods!

Edited by BaseballMomof4

I bring a checked bag, my purse and a carry on. I try not to fill them so there is room for my "finds" on the way back :p My son will have a backpack as his carryon so we can carry that while in port.

Shame we are not on the same sailing! We are between Ft. Myers and Sarasota - same neck of the woods!

Yes, I noticed your location too:( I'm looking at flights for this year and they're not too bad from Miami, which airport will you be flying out of?

All of my cruises have been Caribbean sailings so this is all new to me.

Yes, I noticed your location too:( I'm looking at flights for this year and they're not too bad from Miami, which airport will you be flying out of?

All of my cruises have been Caribbean sailings so this is all new to me.

Most likely Miami unless I can get something not TOO much more from Fort Myers. Tampa could also work for me as I am only 1.5 hours south of Tampa. I will price all of them. I have to factor in long term parking when pricing Miami though. Ft. Myers is close enough to our house to be dropped off and we have family in Tampa.

If you are flying Miami to Barcelona definitely take a look at TAP Portugal.

Most likely Miami unless I can get something not TOO much more from Fort Myers. Tampa could also work for me as I am only 1.5 hours south of Tampa. I will price all of them. I have to factor in long term parking when pricing Miami though. Ft. Myers is close enough to our house to be dropped off and we have family in Tampa.

If you are flying Miami to Barcelona definitely take a look at TAP Portugal.

I will. Another suggestion mentioned here is Norwegian Air which flies out of Fort Lauderdale. I just priced Miami-Barcelona and it was cheap for 2015. Athens-FLL was average price but with extremely long layovers...so we'll see what options are available for next year.

There was an extremely long layover on our way back from Barcelona in 2013. We just took advantage of it, spent the night in Lisbon and flew out the next morning for the same price and got a bonus city! We took the HoHo in Lisbon and really enjoyed it.

We booked in November the last time and that was the best price. I will probably do the same this time. I get alerts from airfarewatchdog and from kayak and will jump on a good price quickly as they don't last.

Thanks for the info. DW enjoys having an iron nearby. My eyes are bad but the one you point out is the only location I have found :eek: We're currently booked dk 8 midship. Anyone else see anything? TIA

This past May my family was gone to Europe almost 2 weeks. We spent a couple of days pre-cruise in Barcelona and upon disembarkation took high speed rail to Madrid for 3 days. It took some advance planning but all I took was a TravelPro Crew 8 roll aboard as my carry-on along with a Baggallini bag that complied with rules as my personal item. I had approximately 2 pairs of Columbia Anytime pants and 2 pairs of capris. Also a pair of black leggings. I had 3 Patagonia tops and 2 Travelsmith handkerchief T's which doubled as my sleepwear. The tops and bottoms could be mixed and matched. Another top for leggings too. I had 2 Travelsmith dresses, several scarves, and a black pashmina. One of these dresses I dressed up on one of the formal night with a glittery belt and scarf. Oh yeah....I had another black cocktail dress with matching jacket. Also...One good pair of walking shoes (Naot Mary Janes) and 2 pairs of black ballet shoes ( one glittery for evening). The biggest challenge was my husband's clothes because they just take up more space. He bought 3-4 pants from Bluff Works and 3-4 shirts that would drip dry and not wrinkle. He decided to rent a Tux and shoes for formal nights mainly because a suit would not fit in his carry on and it is sometimes difficult to find room for it on high speed rail where space can be limited. Plus it is just cumbersome to lug luggage all over Europe. I'm sorry this is so long but my main recommendation would be to choose a color scheme such as black & white and use scarfs for a splash of color and make sure the fabric is lightweight and won't need ironing. You will be visiting a lot of religious places (such as the Vatican) and you will need for your shoulders to be covered. You could use a large scarf, shrug, etc. This time hubby may just wear his sports jacket ( which he also wears on the plane) for formal nights since taking formal wear is the biggest headache if you want to pack lightly. Btw... I did a lot of washing of clothes by hand but it should be easier on Carnival because of the laundromats onboard😃. I have other tips too but realize this post is already quite lengthy. Hope it is helpful 😃

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by HLGW60

There was an extremely long layover on our way back from Barcelona in 2013. We just took advantage of it, spent the night in Lisbon and flew out the next morning for the same price and got a bonus city! We took the HoHo in Lisbon and really enjoyed it.

We booked in November the last time and that was the best price. I will probably do the same this time. I get alerts from airfarewatchdog and from kayak and will jump on a good price quickly as they don't last.

Not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind a stopover at Lisbon as I really want to go to Fatima. Do the bags have to go with you or do they go to your home destination and you just have a carry on?

I set an alert on airfarewatchdog as well.

This past May my family was gone to Europe almost 2 weeks. We spent a couple of days pre-cruise in Barcelona and upon disembarkation took high speed rail to Madrid for 3 days. It took some advance planning but all I took was a TravelPro Crew 8 roll aboard as my carry-on along with a Baggallini bag that complied with rules as my personal item. I had approximately 2 pairs of Columbia Anytime pants and 2 pairs of capris. Also a pair of black leggings. I had 3 Patagonia tops and 2 Travelsmith handkerchief T's which doubled as my sleepwear. The tops and bottoms could be mixed and matched. Another top for leggings too. I had 2 Travelsmith dresses, several scarves, and a black pashmina. One of these dresses I dressed up on one of the formal night with a glittery belt and scarf. Oh yeah....I had another black cocktail dress with matching jacket. Also...One good pair of walking shoes (Naot Mary Janes) and 2 pairs of black ballet shoes ( one glittery for evening). The biggest challenge was my husband's clothes because they just take up more space. He bought 3-4 pants from Bluff Works and 3-4 shirts that would drip dry and not wrinkle. He decided to rent a Tux and shoes for formal nights mainly because a suit would not fit in his carry on and it is sometimes difficult to find room for it on high speed rail where space can be limited. Plus it is just cumbersome to lug luggage all over Europe. I'm sorry this is so long but my main recommendation would be to choose a color scheme such as black & white and use scarfs for a splash of color and make sure the fabric is lightweight and won't need ironing. You will be visiting a lot of religious places (such as the Vatican) and you will need for your shoulders to be covered. You could use a large scarf, shrug, etc. This time hubby may just wear his sports jacket ( which he also wears on the plane) for formal nights since taking formal wear is the biggest headache if you want to pack lightly. Btw... I did a lot of washing of clothes by hand but it should be easier on Carnival because of the laundromats onboard😃. I have other tips too but realize this post is already quite lengthy. Hope it is helpful 😃

All good ideas. Only thing is I'm not a scarf wearer, I don't know how to do all those fancy knots, lol. I also am a conservative dresser by nature and rarely, if ever, do I wear anything sleeveless so having my shoulders covered in religious venues won't be a problem I'm thinking I can get a little black dress type for formal and just dress it up with costume jewelry so it will look different. Other nights I can alternate black and khaki capris with a nice top and again, different jewelry to make it appear different.

Now I will have to figure out a way to do it for my DD's clothes as well this way if we can just bring two carry-ons for the entire trip, it will be worth it. I have a diaper bag that doesn't look like a diaper bag that I can bring as my personal as it's very sturdy with lots of compartments...I can also put my tablet in it and can wear cross body. My DD can bring a backpack for her personal items.

I go back and forth of whether I should just do a checked bag and not have to be so precise with packing, but since we will be relying on a the airlines, it's a game changer than our usual cruise experience.

Love2Cruz2015.....I think what you have planned sounds great! Btw....have you read the thread about the guy whose luggage got dropped in the ocean on disembarkation and Carnival is only legally obligated to give him $50? He had an iPad and other expensive stuff totally ruined. Also didn't have travel insurance. After reading that thread.....I am more determined than ever to pack light and stay in possession of my luggage at all times😃

Edited by HLGW60

Not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind a stopover at Lisbon as I really want to go to Fatima. Do the bags have to go with you or do they go to your home destination and you just have a carry on?

I set an alert on airfarewatchdog as well.

Bags went with us. We spent the night in a hotel and flew out early the next morning. Quick trip from Barcelona to Lisbon Sunday morning and the Lisbon to Miami Monday morning. We hopped on the HoHo and did Belem. It was beautiful!