Self Service Laundry

cruisinlawn

Bags went with us. We spent the night in a hotel and flew out early the next morning. Quick trip from Barcelona to Lisbon Sunday morning and the Lisbon to Miami Monday morning. We hopped on the HoHo and did Belem. It was beautiful!

You make it sound so easy..lol:cool:

You make it sound so easy..lol:cool:

Oddly enough it was fairly easy. We cabbed to the airport from the cruise (there are dozens of cabs lined up). The flight got in about 10:30 am Lisbon time. We cabbed to the hotel that I had booked with points from my credit card (yay! a freebie!) We walked the 2-3 blocks to where the HoHo's were and bought a ticket. I knew I wanted to go the Belem because there is a cluster of major sites - The Discoveries Monument, Tour of Belem and the Monastery. We got off there and walked around for awhile, then got back on and went back to the hotel.

I arranged with the hotel for a cab to the airport in the morning, our flight left Lisbon either at 10 or 10:30 am and it was non-stop to Miami from there.

The hotel was Clarion Suites Lisboa - very pricey but if you get an American Airlines credit card you get enough points to book this hotel for one night free. We had a 2 bedroom suite!

Here are some pics from Lisbon

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10201494002896245.1073741834.1361419784&type=1&l=f7fbf3a1a6

Edited by BaseballMomof4

Very nice photos...This Fall, I will be checking out the airlines that we mentioned and hope for a direct flight (at least going) and if I have a layover on the return, hopefully it will be long enough to see something in whichever city I get....hopefully a city I haven't been to.

Anyone know where the laundry facility is located on the Pride? I tried to look at the deck plans and don't see anything noted as a laundry room.

Anyone know how much they charge for a wash and also dry? I have never done laundry on a cruise ship but after thinking about it, it might be nice to come home with clean clothes.

How many do they usually have in the room? Just wondering if there's a few or just 1 and you might have to wait on others to use it. (Ran into this problem before in hotels and it was so not worth the wait). :eek:

Anyone know where the laundry facility is located on the Pride? I tried to look at the deck plans and don't see anything noted as a laundry room.

Anyone know how much they charge for a wash and also dry? I have never done laundry on a cruise ship but after thinking about it, it might be nice to come home with clean clothes.

How many do they usually have in the room? Just wondering if there's a few or just 1 and you might have to wait on others to use it. (Ran into this problem before in hotels and it was so not worth the wait). :eek:

Name: Launderettes

Riviera Deck 1 - midship / across from 1219

Main Deck 4 - aft / across from 4230

Upper Deck 5 - aft / across from 5270

Empress Deck 6 - forward / across from 6102

Verandah Deck 7 - midship / across from 7267

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette

2 or 3 washers

2 or 3 dryers

1 iron and ironing board

Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener ($)

i think it's about $3 per load