Storing your luggage at the dock

JStarbrite

Our flight out of Tampa does not leave until 4:30. We would like to hang around the port, and go to the aquarium after we disembark. Will Carnival safely stow our luggage until we are ready to go?

We also have prepaid transfers. Will we be able to take a shuttle back later?

Our flight out of Tampa does not leave until 4:30. We would like to hang around the port, and go to the aquarium after we disembark. Will Carnival safely stow our luggage until we are ready to go?

No, Carnival will not store your luggage. If you purchase an excursion through Carnival for debarkation day the excursion company may though. If I were you, I would cancel the Carnival transfers and just book a Carnival excursion for that day. Chances are the excursion won't be much more than the cost of the transfers and that will take care of your luggage storage issue.

Another option would be to go ahead and take your Carnival transfer to the airport and then do something from that point after you check your luggage with the airline. Be sure and check with the airline though to see for sure how many hours in advance they will accept your luggage. Some have restrictions on that.

You can purchase Luggage Express for your luggage. Information will be placed in your stateroom. The shuttle will stop running to the airport so unless the aquarium is part of an excursion, you may not be able to do the aquarium and use your prepaid transfer

I'm not absolutely positive about this, but I'm pretty sure that I saw a sign for a business that will store your luggage for you, just after you clear the door from U.S. Customs in Tampa. Walk outside, and look to your left. Perhaps someone else will chime in and confirm that, or else when you board, take a look around and see if you see a sign to that effect. Aquarium is lots of fun, and quite reasonable.

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

I'm not absolutely positive about this, but I'm pretty sure that I saw a sign for a business that will store your luggage for you, just after you clear the door from U.S. Customs in Tampa. Walk outside, and look to your left. Perhaps someone else will chime in and confirm that, or else when you board, take a look around and see if you see a sign to that effect. Aquarium is lots of fun, and quite reasonable.

Have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"

Hate to jump in here. BUT sky love your signature. It doesn't get any better than than!

I live in Clearwater. Might suggest you visit the Clearwater Aquarium. It is the home of Winter and Hope from the movie Dolphin Tail 1&2!

We had the same issue a few years ago. The aquarium had a room to store luggage in. We spent the day there and just took a cab to the airport later in the day. I would call ahead to make sure they still have an area to store your bags. It is really easy to walk to, even with bags. It is right across the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone on the Florida boards reported that they called the Florida Aquarium this week and they are still offering free luggage storage to cruise passengers that purchase admission .

The Aquarium is directly across the street from the port so it is not a long walk.

No, Carnival will not store your luggage. If you purchase an airport luggage usually four hoursexcursion through Carnival for debarkation day the excursion company may though. If I were you, I would cancel the Carnival transfers and just book a Carnival excursion for that day. Chances are the excursion won't be much more than the cost of the transfers and that will take care of your luggage storage issue.

Another option would be to go ahead and take your Carnival transfer to the airport and then do something from that point after you check your luggage with the airline. Be sure and check with the airline though to see for sure how many hours in advance they will accept your luggage. Some have restrictions on that.

Airport checkin is usually no more than four hours prior. If ship offers luggage express that solves the problem. No need to collect & take it to airport. Just plan on having it packed and in hall night before, and clothes,shoes and carry on for next day.