collecting Pandora style charms

daydreamer62

I would suggest you just check in a jewelry store in each of your ports...if they don't have them maybe they can direct you to one that does...or try a big dept. store and ask them. Not sure if Pandora charms are carried everywhere,but the styles probably are.

In Italy I usually find a great selection of charms made in Italy from Tedora. Tedora charms are very similar to Pandora, and have a great travel line of charms for a lot of the major attractions (not just Italy). If you'll do an on line search of "Tedora" and select their travel section you can see what they offer. Last year I purchased a couple in a small shop in Pisa right across the street from the Leaning Tower, and also saw them in Rome. You can also purchase on line, which I've done often.

Barbara

Thanks Barbara. This is just the sorry of info I was after .I know here in NZ there is a similar to Pandora brand of charm specifically NZ oriented that is often sold at tourist destinations so you dont have to go hunting for jewellery stores.

A warning...if you are buying the charms in a tourist shop be aware that they may not be SS if that is what you want so check out the markings. I say this because someone I know bought some in a tourist shop as opposed toa jewelry store and ended up very didappointed with them on her bracelet. Like buying Venetion glass made in China in St. mark's.This is just an FYI. The one's in Italy sound good.

Charms cost me a fortune, but I can never buy the wrong gift for my wife's birthday, anniversary, etc. Shelley has about 5 Pandora bracelets but now she only wants our iconic Evolve ones, she is already on her second bracelet. Maybe I get into mischief to often and saying sorry is another charm;)

We're doing the circle Med on the Emerald, May / June. Will have to look out for the Tedora charms.

Paul

I have a Pandora bracelet and try to buy unique charms that represent the places we travel. Just a word of warning. We were on a family trip in Denmark and they sell a brand called Trollbeads, which is very similar to Pandora. A few in our group bought Viking trollbeads as a souvenir of Denmark. Unfortunately they do not fit on the Pandora bracelets - they are a little smaller. We didn't find out until we got home and tried to put the charms on their bracelets, at which point it is too late to return them.

I wear Chamilia and was able to buy online from Carina Charms. They have Landmark beads which fit my bracelet and they are all sterling silver and very nice. After our cruise, I purchased the Leaning Tower of Pisa, Rialto Bridge, Roman Coliseum, Duomo and La Sagrada Familia. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything for Provence, Corfu or Dubrovnik.

• 5 months later...
I have a Pandora bracelet and try to buy unique charms that represent the places we travel. Just a word of warning. We were on a family trip in Denmark and they sell a brand called Trollbeads, which is very similar to Pandora. A few in our group bought Viking trollbeads as a souvenir of Denmark. Unfortunately they do not fit on the Pandora bracelets - they are a little smaller. We didn't find out until we got home and tried to put the charms on their bracelets, at which point it is too late to return them.

This happened to me, it was a gift. My DH contacted the company and it turns out they have two sizes. An exchange was made and the new one fits. I think Pandora is still a superior product over the "look-a-likes". :)

Since wedding bands can be enlarged or reduced by a competent jewelry repair person, it MAY be possible to do the same for the Trollbead charms. I realize many of the charms are far more elaborate than a simple band of gold, but I sure wouldn't give up without asking first. Good luck to your relatives. Purchases on a trip are very special.

Edited by Pet Nit Noy

Not being a charms person, I don't know if what I suggest would be feasible: before your trip, take everything off your Pandora bracelet and take the bare bracelet with you. As you wander and find potential charms/beads, use your bracelet to see if they fit. When you get back home, re-assemble your Pandora collection.

I make jewelry as a hobby. There are many different variations on the Pandora beads and with that comes many different diameters of holes in the products. You have to know exactly what size you need so you are not disappointed.