Which Itinerary Did You Choose and WHY?

mrsnowka

Hmmm. Going between the 10 day may 14 and the 8 day august 26. One ends in Athens, saving us a flight there after and it goes to Crete. The other one we don't have to take the kids out of school...dh just thinks it will be too hot. The whole trip both times are the exact same amount of time so it's a matter of cruising vs family visiting.

Edited by Summerl30

After seeing this photo of the port in Malta I am even more sure I chose the right itinerary for us. Breathtaking.

10394609_10206211367507412_1758325484190781126_n.jpg?oh=86e39539fb2dbe71bc1cd9399b47fc40&oe=5552D633

That is incredible!

We chose the 8 night RT from Barcelona. We are going to have kids with us and due to DH's work responsibilities we cannot be gone longer than 2 weeks. We would really like to be able to add on a couple of days in Paris as I have friends that want to meet there, and the youngest daughter goes to a French school. The 8 night works better for us than our second choice, which was the 10 nights Barcelona - Athens. We like the variety of ports, getting to return to Italy, and cruising seems easier with the kids than figuring out the logistics of a land trip. (DH and I went through Holland and Italy a couple of years ago on land trip and planned everything ourselves.)

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

How we picked our vista cruise:

1. It was close to our anniversary, which is August 29th

2. It's starts and ends in different ports... We wanted to spend time in a couple cities

3. There was one Havana suite left less than 24 hours after the itinerary was available to book... We rally wanted one of those for our 10th anniversary

The inaugural was kind of a no brainer for us. Our anniversary comes during the first week, our honeymoon was on the Breeze inaugural. 3 new ports, we missed Marseilles was missed. Also a return to ports that need a return trip to Rome and Livorno. Plus we end in Barcelona and get to spend a few days extra there. Its the longest of the Med cruises and being retired, time off is not an issue.

Tom

We weren't planning on booking at all, but then we received the offer of OBC and that changed our minds. It was going to be between the inaugural and the TA. The inaugural was too close to our Hawaii cruise, which my husband refuses to cancel, so it was the TA in the end.

where did you get offer of OBC

I am already booked on the 8 Day, July 29th sailing with my family which while not ideal, was the only date that worked for everyone.

I've now booked a 2nd Mediterranean Cruise, the 10-Day, on October 1st that leaves from Barcelona and Ends in Athens.

This 2nd time around it will be just myself and my best friend - we consider it a bucket list girls trip. I LOVE that it's a longer itinerary and I'll be able to see 4 different ports that I won't catch on my first trip aboard the Vista! :o

We are booked for the July 9th 10 day sailing that leaves from Barcelona but ends in Athens. We plan on arriving to Barcelona two days before the cruise and staying in Athens for one extra night before flying home. I love the itinerary and DF can only take time off from work in June and July. We are traveling with our two children who will be 6 & 3 at the time of the cruise. School generally runs until late June since we have a lot of snow days in Massachusetts. I cannot wait for this cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Repositioning cruise from NYC. Interesting ports (haven't been to Grand Turk and Bonaire) affordable airfare (live in Buffalo NY) and soooo many sea days in which to enjoy the Havana cabin!

FYI, from Buffalo you can fly Allegiant dirt cheap into Punta Gorda, FL which is very central to most Florida ports. My niece does this often to visit family in Rochester. Punta Gorda is about a 2 hour drive from Tampa, 3 hours to Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, and 3-3.5 to Port Canaveral.

Grand Turk is great. When you get off the ship, keep walking past Margaritaville and you will get to Jack's Shack. Good food and cheaper drinks. ;)

Repositioning cruise from NYC. Interesting ports (haven't been to Grand Turk and Bonaire) affordable airfare (live in Buffalo NY) and soooo many sea days in which to enjoy the Havana cabin!

Where did you find info on the repositioning cruise?

We are doing the Southern Caribben 8 night out of MIA in Jan 2017. (I know....that's a long time to wait). We will hit La Romana (DR), Curacao, Aruba, Grand Turk. Haven't been to Curacao or Aruba in over 15 years, so that will be fun to do.. 3 days at sea are also nice since we have a Havana Cabana cabin.

Southern as well, April 2017

Its the week we cruise and that was the choice. Doing an Eastern Caribbean Breeze in April this year and another Eastern on NCL Escape in April 2016, the Vista southern rounds out 2017 quite nicely.

We are doing the 8 day Eastern in January since we have not been to three of the four Ports visited during the cruise. We will take an excursion to Nevis since we will already have been to St Kitts during our Sunshine cruise during 2016 so that will be the 3 different Ports. We are happy :D :D !!