Mini Review of the Summit - January 17 - 24

NLH Arizona

Thanks for the info 20pluscruises.

Celebrity doesn't know where it is. They think it might even be on another cruise. It appears to have been taken from the warehouse where we were supposed to have picked it up at disembarkation. There is nothing to protect your luggage from being stolen/accidentally taken once you leave it outside your cabin the night before. And this bag was a "one of a kind" in appearance so we're more reluctant to think it was an accident.

Sorry! :( We had our luggage stolen (at the airport) last year so I feel your pain. The airport was able to reimburse us for quite a few of the items ...unfortunately, I think there is a cap of $300 (?) for all cruise lines. Hate to be the bearer of bad news as I'm guessing this probably won't even cover the cost of the luggage bag alone/empty.

Fingers crossed that someone realizes they walked away with the wrong bag and contacts you.

On a side note...we now put my DH work address and work phone # on all luggage...

Sorry! :( We had our luggage stolen (at the airport) last year so I feel your pain. The airport was able to reimburse us for quite a few of the items ...unfortunately, I think there is a cap of $300 (?) for all cruise lines. Hate to be the bearer of bad news as I'm guessing this probably won't even cover the cost of the luggage bag alone/empty.

Fingers crossed that someone realizes they walked away with the wrong bag and contacts you.

On a side note...we now put my DH work address and work phone # on all luggage...

I think it probably happens more than people are aware of. We are definitely not going to be putting our luggage out again...ever. I have flown a lot and have never lost a bag. My husband only once had a delayed bag en route to Dubai and it was only delayed a day. So to have this experience with Celebrity has definitely been disappointing.

And you're right about the claim not covering contents....just to replace his suit will be more than a $300 cap....learning experience I guess. :(

I think it probably happens more than people are aware of. We are definitely not going to be putting our luggage out again...ever. I have flown a lot and have never lost a bag. My husband only once had a delayed bag en route to Dubai and it was only delayed a day. So to have this experience with Celebrity has definitely been disappointing.

And you're right about the claim not covering contents....just to replace his suit will be more than a $300 cap....learning experience I guess. :(

We have had lost luggage several times and it has always been delivered to the house within a day or two. Not this last time.. and I think you're right, we had a new hardtop suitcase that looked sleek and modern AND much more expensive than what we actually paid for it. I'm tempted to start lugging Dad's old Samsonite and keep the nicer bags with us at all times. Pretty certain nobody would want that old, ugly, avacado green bag.

Sadly, yes...lesson learned.

Last year on the Summit (Nov 2013) after doing a Tour Of San Juan with Celebrity we found our luggage just left at the end of the terminal with a bunch of other peoples luggage, no security at all. At least it was left under a protected overhang for the rain.

I thought this was a one time thing, I guess not. I won't be doing tours with Celebrity at the end again. And I will telling everyone not to also.

14559252367_f25f40574c_c.jpg

CaptDave

This would tick me off. No one has the right to push their agenda, whether religious, political, etc., without the other person's permission. Hopefully you reported this to management.

We must have had the same guy three years ago on Summit.

We let the management know at that time that it was inappropriate but the message must not have gotten through.

Thanks for your review!

We were on Summit last spring and I remember it being the most casual cruise I have taken on Celebrity cruises. People would were jeans on formal nights to theater etc. Never before had I seen so many dressed so casually on all the evenings during our cruise.

Did not bother me, just felt odd compared to my previous cruises.

Just off the Summit last Saturday and had a great time.

The crew. From the Captain on down, the entire crew was a pleasure. You couldn’t walk down a hallway without someone asking how your day was or wishing you a good day or just saying hello.

Cabin 8112 (Concierge Class). Was very quiet, couldn’t hear the neighbors, even those on the other side of them could. Room Steward and Assistant Room Steward, kept everything nice and clean. Got some towel animals, totally unexpected but cute, had a pitcher of iced water delivered daily.

Celebrity’s enforcement of rules/codes; if you are not going to enforce them, then don’t have them.

I thought the Cruise Director was too over the top and a little childish, just not my cup of tea. I am sure others think he is great.

I think the Summit is a fantastic ship and even booked another cruise on her. Did she have some rust or wear and tear, I’m sure she did, but I didn’t notice, because I wasn’t looking for it. I was just looking to have a fun, relaxing cruise and she gave me exactly what I wanted by 100 percent.

The Captain or the voice from above: Leonardos Palaiokrassas

I like to read your reviews -- I was in #8112 on the September 2014 NE/Can cruise (did you find the million $$$ that I left in the safe by mistake lol:eek:)

I wrote a review when I returned and like you -- did not go around looking for things to find wrong, i.e. rust. I was there to have a good vacation.

I loved the 'voice from above' Captain Palaiokrassas - he was going on a well deserved vacation (!) to visit family etc. I am glad that he is back. Too bad he won't be on the Solstice on my Hawaiian cruise.

I also agree with your comments about the CD -- I am hoping the one on next cruise is better. However - different stroke for different folks. Some people liked him.

Will be interesting to see the dress code :( on my next cruise and if people are wearing flip-flops on formal night

Again, I enjoy reading your reviews and other comments on the CC boards as you always seem to be positive and not negative.

SIZE="2"]I like to read your reviews -- I was in #8112 on the September 2014 NE/Can cruise (did you find the million $$$ that I left in the safe by mistake lol:eek:)

I wrote a review when I returned and like you -- did not go around looking for things to find wrong, i.e. rust. I was there to have a good vacation.

I loved the 'voice from above' Captain Palaiokrassas - he was going on a well deserved vacation (!) to visit family etc. I am glad that he is back. Too bad he won't be on the Solstice on my Hawaiian cruise.

I also agree with your comments about the CD -- I am hoping the one on next cruise is better. However - different stroke for different folks. Some people liked him.

Will be interesting to see the dress code :( on my next cruise and if people are wearing flip-flops on formal night

Again, I enjoy reading your reviews and other comments on the CC boards as you always seem to be positive and not negative.[/size][/font]

I wondered who forgot some money in the safe, but are you sure it was a million $'s, I only found a penny. Somebody must have gotten to it before I got there LOL!

Love a positive attitude like yours and hopefully one day we will sail on the same cruise.

I wondered who forgot some money in the safe, but are you sure it was a million $'s, I only found a penny. Somebody must have gotten to it before I got there LOL!

Love a positive attitude like yours and hopefully one day we will sail on the same cruise.

Was it only a penny;) As we no longer have pennies in our currency in Canada -- thought it was a million $$ --- lol - only kidding