VIFP Change: Water or Coupon Available at any Bar (including the same water)?

falkcor

Water or Free Drink Coupon?  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Water or Free Drink Coupon?

• Free Drink Coupon - No Restrictions - Any Bar, Any Time - including the same water
    • Water in Stateroom

As they try to slip the curve ball by their customers, consider this. They are hoping that many will say I would rather have the water. If they were really addressing customer concerns, they could put a check box on your voucher to select a bottle of water in your stateroom, leaving it for the room steward who would bring the water during an ensuing room servicing. And if your thought is more work for the steward, it would be far less than bringing a bottle to every red card and up room.

It's smoke and mirrors, a deception, a takeaway. The feedback gathered wasn't that water was preferred over the drink voucher. It is a shallow excuse for a cut. Again, I am more bothered by the deception than the cut. It's assuming that many customers will be fooled into thinking it's a favor.

Water in room or drink at brunch is addressing the feedback. Water only, no drink at brunch is a thinly veiled cutback.

9 times out of 10 I don't use the coupon, DO drink the water, how is that a cut back

9 times out of 10 I don't use the coupon, DO drink the water, how is that a cut back

Because water is far cheaper. Because something that existed before no longer exists. Because water could already be ordered as the drink with the voucher under the previous guidelines. Because using the claim of responding to feedback with a solution that doesn't relate to that feedback at all is deceptive.

I would much rather have the free drink, but this is not a cost cutting measure. Carnival's cost for alcohol is so cheap and not everyone even used the coupon, which means they lost very little money with the perk the way it was. I don't know the cost for a liter of water, but if everyone drinks it/takes it home as opposed to just a few, then Carnival is spending a lot more

I would much rather have the free drink' date=' but this is not a cost cutting measure. Carnival's cost for alcohol is so cheap and not everyone even used the coupon, which means they lost very little money with the perk the way it was. I don't know the cost for a liter of water, but if everyone drinks it/takes it home as opposed to just a few, then Carnival is spending a lot more[/quote']

And for those who don't wish to lug around a big bottle of water ( I have a super cute insulated Sea World water bottle I fill up to take into ports, with COLD water from the lido.) or waste valuable packing space/weight by taking it home.... they can just re-use the same bottle of water with an intact seal for the next batch of guests in the room.

What's the point in voting, when this decision has already been made? We have never used the drink coupon, because we don't go to brunch. We will, however, use and appreciate the water. I would use a non restrictive drink coupon (for a non alcohol beverage, since I don't drink alcohol). But I am happy with the free water, which will keep me from having to carry it on. I am Platinum, so I guess I will get both.

What's the point in voting, when this decision has already been made? We have never used the drink coupon, because we don't go to brunch. We will, however, use and appreciate the water. I would use a non restrictive drink coupon (for a non alcohol beverage, since I don't drink alcohol). But I am happy with the free water, which will keep me from having to carry it on. I am Platinum, so I guess I will get both.

You realize you're only getting one bottle of water, right? You're still going to need to carry it on.

I think people don't understand that a liter is one 16 ounce bottle. The kind you can pick up in any convenience store for a buck. Cheap and disgraceful. My kids loved being able to get a virgin frozen drink and now they will not be able to because I am not paying $10 each for one drink. They get all the free water they want already.

I think people don't understand that a liter is one 16 ounce bottle. The kind you can pick up in any convenience store for a buck. Cheap and disgraceful. My kids loved being able to get a virgin frozen drink and now they will not be able to because I am not paying $10 each for one drink. They get all the free water they want already.

If you're purchasing it for one dollar at the grocery store, Carnival is purchasing it for pennies. ;)

Here's the thing about it ,they charge 4.95 for a liter water bottle in the room.So they are going to give you a 5 dollar water and save 10 dollars for for the drink coupon ,they just saved 5 dollars ,is it worth that little of a difference to lose loyal cruisers ? it must be worth it to carnival otherwise they wouldn't have done it.If it smells bad chances are it is bad.

Here's the thing about it ,they charge 4.95 for a liter water bottle in the room.So they are going to give you a 5 dollar water and save 10 dollars for for the drink coupon ,they just saved 5 dollars ,is it worth that little of a difference to lose loyal cruisers ? it must be worth it to carnival otherwise they wouldn't have done it.If it smells bad chances are it is bad.

Carnival does not pay $4.95 for a bottle of water. They saved the difference between the amount of alcohol in a drink at contracted bulk prices and the cost of a bottle of water in contracted bulk prices.

Well, I am not happy about this. I am going on my 2nd cruise which means I would qualify for the free drink and now I get a stupid bottle of water. I am allowed to bring on my own bottled water if I want. I can also get it for free all over the ship, maybe not in a bottle but it is still water. The excuse that the coupon was too restrictive is hard to believe. Yes, it was restrictive and yes I am sure people complained and bothered staff about it each sailing BUT it also didn't get used by a lot of people because of the restrictions which only saved Carnival money. If people aren't using them then that should be a good thing to them. Sounds like they think we are so stupid to believe they are doing us a favor. It is also going into effect too quickly. People who have already booked cruises expecting that free drink should get it. I know, it is just one free drink but it is something I expected to get and now suddenly it is gone.

in all my years, I thought 16 ounces was a pint!!:)

So what I am reading that they are making the change because a survey was done because people were complaining on when and where the coupon was used so now Red and Gold VIFP no longer get the coupon but a bottle of water in its place. So what you are telling me is that Red and Gold VIFP's were the only ones that complained and Platinum and Diamond get rewarded by getting both now because they did not. :confused:

Carnival does not pay $4.95 for a bottle of water. They saved the difference between the amount of alcohol in a drink at contracted bulk prices and the cost of a bottle of water in contracted bulk prices.

Gee, we didn't know that. We thought they sent staff to a local 7-11 and bought them.

Now, give us a breakdown of bulk prices for booze and water so we can be informed too.:D

So what I am reading that they are making the change because a survey was done because people were complaining on when and where the coupon was used so now Red and Gold VIFP no longer get the coupon but a bottle of water in its place. So what you are telling me is that Red and Gold VIFP's were the only ones that complained and Platinum and Diamond get rewarded by getting both now because they did not. :confused:

This!

Because water is far cheaper. Because something that existed before no longer exists. Because water could already be ordered as the drink with the voucher under the previous guidelines. Because using the claim of responding to feedback with a solution that doesn't relate to that feedback at all is deceptive.

THANKS for your heart felt reply! If we don't use the coupons that is $14, the water is $7,Carnival saves? We will continue to get the coupons!

Edited by texast518