Have you been on the Star or Dawn recently?

twoatcuse

I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to online. I read that the aft mini suites on the Star and Dawn have a sloped balcony partition that leaves a space between where the partition ends and the railing and allows people to see into nearby balconies. The space is apparently just large enough to permit access from adjacent cabins. I'm wondering if this is also the case for the forward MB mini suite cabins. Has anyone stayed in any of these mini suites? Also, do you know whether the treadmills, ellipticals, etc are located on the 11th or 12th deck and port or starboard? We're looking at a starboard MB mini suite cabin next to the spa on deck 11 and also one of the most forward cabins on the port side for a Baltic cruise. There's a significant difference in price between the MB and the midship MA mini suites or we'd just upgrade. Thoughts? Thanks so much.

Answering this one question:

Also, do you know whether the treadmills, ellipticals, etc are located on the 11th or 12th deck and port or starboard?

On both ships STAR & DAWN the exercise equipment is on Deck 12 aft of the

Buffet - the DAWN has the better of the two for equipment ! Both cover the

full width (beam) of the ship.

The Spas, hot tubs and pool are on Deck 11 just beneath the exercise Deck 12.

Going out the aft end of Deck 12 on both ships is the Kiddie Pool set up.

We really liked the location of 11506 on the Star. It is close to the bridge and there is not much traffic or noise. It is also not that far forward because of the bridge space.

I don't recall any space at the balcony divider, but we only had one balcony neighbor since the other side was a 2 bedroom suite that had its balcony on the other side of the suite. Also these forward minis are under suites on deck 12 vs. the market café, fitness center or pool deck.

Edited by herdingdogmom

We were in 11056 on the Dawn in 2013. I can't recall anything about the devider between balconies. I can, however, comment on location and noise. Most notably, there was no noise, at all. There are cabins both above and below. The cabin is forward but not too far forward. I highly recommend that cabin, if available.

Good to know- thank you! Right now there's nothing available in that area, but I'll keep my eyes open just in case that changes!

To add a bit, the fitness center doesn't quite cover the full beam of the ship. On the starboard side there is a hallway leading from the buffet to the outside area by the kids pool complex. On the Dawn there was a ping pong table there. On the Star they had the hard packed ice cream there as I recall whereas on the Dawn the hard packed ice cream was by the pool between the bar sections.

I was on the Dawn a couple of weeks ago, but can't answer either of your questions. However, after being reminded that the fitness center is aft, just past the buffet area, I am reminded of one of the things I did not like about the Dawn: there was no open deck bar on the back of the ship. That is usually my favorite place to hang out. And to think - they put a fitness center there instead. I don't know what this world is coming to. :p