Royal Caribbean changes my cabin with no notification

tocanada

Well, we are now very close to having the cruise. RCI didn't gave me any compensation, they said my Dutch TA had to arrange that. My Dutch TA pays all the cruises by herself I believe. She didn't want to call RCI for me. She said " if anyone should ask for another cabin....." Again, not amused. And very sure not booking in Holland ever again.

But.......I still think the cruise (now 400 dollars a person cheaper than when I booked) will be worth cruising. Looking forward to it a lot. Hope the weather would be fine and hope it's raining in Holland so my TA will have a lot of bad days :D

Johanna, Holland.

Well ......... you should have done your research first ....

then you would have realised about all the changes ....

its been on the website and all the blogs about the alterations !!

Wow - that was a bit rough.

I never saw it on a website, but then again I have to admit I have not read EVERYTHING that is posted.

What blogs?

Well ......... you should have done your research first ....

then you would have realised about all the changes ....

its been on the website and all the blogs about the alterations !!

Who are you responding to?

I can't figure it out.:confused:

Bill

I was doing a Princess Coastal over a year ago and they notified my TA, that they moved me forward from a Mid Ship Cabin and she told the agent that I was to be put back immediately in my original cabin, which they did. I only found out because I was checkng my reservations within 15 minutes of my TA and the agents conversation.

• 1 month later...

Yesterday I noticed that Royal Caribbean had changed our cabin from the one we selected on deck 9 to a comparable cabin on deck 14. Normally I would not be concerned but we had 2 neighboring cabins booked (on separate but linked bookings). Like others commenting here, I also did not receive any notification of the change and just stumbled on it when checking my booking. Anyway, I spoke to Customer Service today and the original neighboring cabin I had booked has now been taken by someone else so our family is now separated and RCCL could have cared less about the inconvenience caused.

This is the second time we've seen RCCL do this with no notification or consultation (which they probably don't have to do under the booking T's & C's). Last time we saw it early and were able to change back to our original cabin but we were not so lucky this time.

RCCL should really review their cabin management practices.