Allure October 2015 dining

kimmy_bos

Hi all

I know there is much talk about this. Can anyone who is booked for around this time let me know if they have got traditional dining?

I started out as my time, moved to dynamic now I am back with my time. Personally I am not a my time fan so would much prefer traditional if that is an option. However, my ta is saying no this is not an option only my time for me!

Thanks

Kim

Hi all

I know there is much talk about this. Can anyone who is booked for around this time let me know if they have got traditional dining?

I started out as my time, moved to dynamic now I am back with my time. Personally I am not a my time fan so would much prefer traditional if that is an option. However, my ta is saying no this is not an option only my time for me!

Thanks

Kim

I was told that the RCCL booking system will not currently allow agents to change Allure guests back to Tradititional Dining from Dynamic Dining.

At the moment it seems most have MTD but next month Traditional should be available again on the RCCL system.

This week I changed cabins and when my guest copy of invoice came through my grats were no longer showing on there(I pay then in cash) but it did still say MTD and as you probably know when you do MTD you prepay grats.

So it seems they are doing things in steps....very slow steps.

I was told that the RCCL booking system will not currently allow agents to change Allure guests back to Tradititional Dining from Dynamic Dining.

At the moment it seems most have MTD but next month Traditional should be available again on the RCCL system.

This week I changed cabins and when my guest copy of invoice came through my grats were no longer showing on there(I pay then in cash) but it did still say MTD and as you probably know when you do MTD you prepay grats.

I called yesterday for our Oasis sailing in October and was told that they are allowed to take the MTD tips off the bookings for Oasis/Allure.

That's really helpful thank you will try again in March time x

• 3 weeks later...
Grrr! My TA is saying only MTD is available and RC refuses to confirm. RC says the only way I could find out if Traditional is available is to cancel my booking with the TA and rebook with RC.

We are on the same sailing and I have Traditional 8.30pm Dining and there are others on our sailing which have it too.

Interesting all

Will be watching this very closely - seems a pretty emotive topic at present! If not I will simply book My time for the same time each night but I personally despise the chaos of it all on day one. Does anyone have access to my time booking at present when does IT tend to become available

Hi all

Thanks

Kim

Called RCL to ascertain what dining options are available on Oasis, since DD has been postponed to a later date. My reserve is some 14 mos. in the future and when booked it showed DD on my invoice. The agent told me of 2 options: a) traditional dining & b) MTD. I told him to book us, a party of 9, for traditional early seating. He says, it's all sold out and we have been placed in MTD. I protested since the cruise is so far out. I said OK but I want an early seating in the range of 6-6:30pm for MTD. He tells me that the reservations cannot me made earlier than 3 months. I said to him that is not acceptable, as I experienced the frustration on the Quantum in making dining and entertainment reserves and some Pax that waited till it officially opened up were stuck with late dinner times and/or no reservations. It took me some 3 weeks with the help of C&A to finally get the dining times. The entertainment was an altogether different frustration.

My problem is that I've got 3 grandchildren aged 2, 6 & 8 and was hoping for the traditional for a smooth dining experience for all with having the same table and same waiter(s).

The joke of it, is that we made D+ on the Quantum and received a congratulation from RCL. One of the perks is priority dining time--all talk, but no substance.

E-mailed RCL Dining explaining my frustration with this entire episode and asking for help. So far, no answer and I guess I'll wait a few days before escalating the issue.

Ps. Our Oasis cruise for Feb 6 shows 6pm traditional. This was before the planned switch to DD. Wonder what story will be told when I follow-up.

Subscribing. We leave end of Sept and were originally on DD. Recently it changed to MTD and we've been meaning to call the TA and ask for it to be changed to traditional. Thanks for the OP and thanks for the March info. We will wait a bit and post with info.

Subscribing. We leave end of Sept and were originally on DD. Recently it changed to MTD and we've been meaning to call the TA and ask for it to be changed to traditional. Thanks for the OP and thanks for the March info. We will wait a bit and post with info.

I will do the same.

Called RCL to ascertain what dining options are available on Oasis, since DD has been postponed to a later date. My reserve is some 14 mos. in the future and when booked it showed DD on my invoice. The agent told me of 2 options: a) traditional dining & b) MTD. I told him to book us, a party of 9, for traditional early seating. He says, it's all sold out and we have been placed in MTD. I protested since the cruise is so far out. I said OK but I want an early seating in the range of 6-6:30pm for MTD. He tells me that the reservations cannot me made earlier than 3 months. I said to him that is not acceptable, as I experienced the frustration on the Quantum in making dining and entertainment reserves and some Pax that waited till it officially opened up were stuck with late dinner times and/or no reservations. It took me some 3 weeks with the help of C&A to finally get the dining times. The entertainment was an altogether different frustration.

My problem is that I've got 3 grandchildren aged 2, 6 & 8 and was hoping for the traditional for a smooth dining experience for all with having the same table and same waiter(s).

The joke of it, is that we made D+ on the Quantum and received a congratulation from RCL. One of the perks is priority dining time--all talk, but no substance.

E-mailed RCL Dining explaining my frustration with this entire episode and asking for help. So far, no answer and I guess I'll wait a few days before escalating the issue.

Ps. Our Oasis cruise for Feb 6 shows 6pm traditional. This was before the planned switch to DD. Wonder what story will be told when I follow-up.

Update: Never heard back from RCL dining with regards to my request for 6pm traditional dining. Decided to call C&A today and the LA tells me no problem and reserved a table for 10 for 6PM dining. Couldn't believe how easy it was. Recommendation: If any problems, try giving C&A a call.