Solstice--Alaska--With Kids!

defeser

My wife and I, along with our two children (11 yr. old son & 8 yr. old daughter) will be sailing on the Solstice July 31. This will be our first cruise on Celebrity and first in Alaska. I would really love to hear previous families' experiences on the Solstice, with main focus on the children. Thank you everyone and happy sailing!:)

My wife and I, along with our two children (11 yr. old son & 8 yr. old daughter) will be sailing on the Solstice July 31. This will be our first cruise on Celebrity and first in Alaska. I would really love to hear previous families' experiences on the Solstice, with main focus on the children. Thank you everyone and happy sailing!:)

We did Solstice last November to Australia & New Zealand with our 4 year old and loved it so much we've booked again for Oct 2016 (he will be 6 then). There are less kids than other lines, but that's what we like! It makes the Kids Club (Fun Factory) more personalised and the staff more attentive rather than the noisy/crazy free for all of RC or Carnival. Hope you have a great time! Happy to answer specific questions if you have any.

Thought a copy of the kids menu in the MDR may help. Don't restrict them to this though. Our son uses this as a fall back if there's nothing he likes the sound of on the adult menu. Don't be afraid to let them try new foods, if they don't like it they can then order something else. My son discovered a love for cold cucumber gazpacho soup!

IMG_4648.jpg.5662a827dec0f5b821088fcf0ce75617.jpg

If Brent Nixon is still the naturalist on board for your cruise, take them to his presentations.

He is informative + a lot of fun.

He is also a great source of information for excursions to take and what to see and do in each port.

Not every kids is alike but we did Celebrity Alaska with my kids when they were 9 and 11. Older one, my son, never missed a Brent Nixon presentation. So entertaining and informative too.

We took the Solstice on a trans-Atlantic and the high light of the kids day was going up to the law club to check out the Hot Glass Show.

Celebrity has also just designed some family friendly interactive excursions that include things like Geocaching and other family game type activities.

Things like whale watching and glaciers are especially fun with kids.

Edited by Cruise Arizona

Our girls were 14 & 10 in 2013 for our Solstice/Alaska trip. There were 100's of kids and they had something going all the time for the children.

Brent Nixon was very entertaining. He was even on our whale watching tour.

Alaska itself will provide loads of entertainment for the kids. We saw whales, eagles and bears. On excursion and from the ship.

Two years later, the whole family would do it again in a heartbeat.