Waters

molly5673

Just returned from 8 days on the Conquest. We took a case of 36 (16 ounce) bottles in our rolling carryon. We also saw two cases tagged in the porters cages. Wish we would have done that! We did that before on other cruise lines and never had an issue. We also had two bottles of wine in the carry on, not once was it ever scrutinized. Guess we could have brought more!

Its always interesting to me that the mentality is "if someone else did it, why can't I". A perfect example of the ME generation.

Just a thought on "checked" water. Luggage is delivered to the outside of your room and it wouldn't surprise me to see some less than honest folks help themselves to the cases. Just saying.

And, yes, you can fill your suitcase with rum runners and pack a wine cellar full of wine. Just remember if they are confiscated you have no recourse but to accept it. And you do know that your carryon goes through an x-ray prior to boarding and I have seen people pulled over and asked to remove restricted items.

Oh, lastly, the baggage handlers work very hard and it is a "Task" to get all the checked luggage to the rooms in good time and it puts several elevators out of service for the duration. Can you imagine the chaos if every passenger decided it was OK to check their liquids. Can't even imagine how these boards would light up if people found their luggage soaking wet from leaking bottles or covered in sugary residue from exploding soda bottles or cans. Consideration of fellow passengers would seem like a nice idea...but then it is the WE generation.

... in the port of embarkation. You're allowed to bring as much as you can carry in a port of call.

I never knew this or perhaps never even thought about it. I don't drink soda on a cruise and usually drink the ships water. Though I prefer bottled water to the ships water. May bring some on during our stops in ports on some of our upcoming cruises.

Its always interesting to me that the mentality is "if someone else did it, why can't I". A perfect example of the ME generation.

Just a thought on "checked" water. Luggage is delivered to the outside of your room and it wouldn't surprise me to see some less than honest folks help themselves to the cases. Just saying.

And, yes, you can fill your suitcase with rum runners and pack a wine cellar full of wine. Just remember if they are confiscated you have no recourse but to accept it. And you do know that your carryon goes through an x-ray prior to boarding and I have seen people pulled over and asked to remove restricted items.

Oh, lastly, the baggage handlers work very hard and it is a "Task" to get all the checked luggage to the rooms in good time and it puts several elevators out of service for the duration. Can you imagine the chaos if every passenger decided it was OK to check their liquids. Can't even imagine how these boards would light up if people found their luggage soaking wet from leaking bottles or covered in sugary residue from exploding soda bottles or cans. Consideration of fellow passengers would seem like a nice idea...but then it is the WE generation.

I was just asking about water. Geez

We have always brought on our own water and soda and the allotted amount of wine. We usually bring about two six packs each of water and soda. When we sail from local ports we just put them in a rolling suitcase. When we fly into a port, we buy them at a local drugstore or grocery store and just keep them in the bags provided and hang them from our carry-on. That's our MO and it's worked for years!:D

Not looking for a lecture! Just telling you what I saw. If you read my post correctly, we carried our water on!!!!

We have a rolling duffle bag that we use to bring on our waters or my parents soda. It works out great and at the end of the cruise, we have a bag to use for everything we bought!

It really isn't that big of a deal to bring it on yourself.

It was a simple question about water... Why the lecture on smuggling? Isn't there enough controversy on the subject without coming down on the OP's post? :confused:

Between DH & I, we take 1 12 pack of Diet Pepsi, 1 12 pack of diet Dr.Pepper and 1 12 pack of water in a rolling carry-on. We open the packs so the screener has easy access to the bottles to check. Never had any issues. We almost always replenish in one of the ports also.

Edited by Rena921

Just returned from 8 days on the Conquest. We took a case of 36 (16 ounce) bottles in our rolling carryon. We also saw two cases tagged in the porters cages. Wish we would have done that! We did that before on other cruise lines and never had an issue. We also had two bottles of wine in the carry on, not once was it ever scrutinized. Guess we could have brought more!

I was not responding to the OP but to the individual that wrote the quoted post. The poster, to me, gave the impression that Carnival "would/did" allow checked liquids and that the wine limits were not checked or verified. For newbies who read these threads I don't think it is fair for others to post information that gives the impression that there is no need to follow the procedures set down by Carnival...without letting the reader know there may be consequences.