Prepaid Gratuities error

Tweedy

Prior to departure, we usually prepay our gratuities to cut down on the final bill. It's a personal choice but this time I think I may have caused myself a headache.

In the past, I have either had my TA "gift" us OBC to cover the expense or called Princess directly to make a payment. However, this time around I opted to use the feature on the Princess website in the personalizer. I have two cruises booked, b2b, and clicked on the first one to make a payment. An error popped up so I moved onto the next booking. No problem and received my confirmation. Went back to the first booking and did the process again with no problem and received my confirmation.

Checked my visa statement this morning and I have two charges for the first cruise. Hmmmm, so I asked my TA to follow-up with Princess. They advised her that they in fact had processed a credit. No credit shows on my personalizer or on my visa.

Does anyone know how long it will take for Princess to process this credit to my visa?

Prior to departure, we usually prepay our gratuities to cut down on the final bill. It's a personal choice but this time I think I may have caused myself a headache.

In the past, I have either had my TA "gift" us OBC to cover the expense or called Princess directly to make a payment. However, this time around I opted to use the feature on the Princess website in the personalizer. I have two cruises booked, b2b, and clicked on the first one to make a payment. An error popped up so I moved onto the next booking. No problem and received my confirmation. Went back to the first booking and did the process again with no problem and received my confirmation.

Checked my visa statement this morning and I have two charges for the first cruise. Hmmmm, so I asked my TA to follow-up with Princess. They advised her that they in fact had processed a credit. No credit shows on my personalizer or on my visa.

Does anyone know how long it will take for Princess to process this credit to my visa?

Like most businesses, it'll probably take upwards of a couple of weeks to get a credit. :(

Whatever you do, bring a printout of everything. Even if you receive confirmation. Especially if you receive confirmation. Never assume.

Thanks Pam... I always have copies of everything when traveling since you just never know. :)

Like most businesses, it'll probably take upwards of a couple of weeks to get a credit. :(

Its alot slower then if they place a charge. :(

Too bad it isn't instant especially since they could see one had been applied. I'll share the error with Princess since it was their website and my efficiency to get things done.

It's the banks cc processing dept that holds up the credit, not Princess. In my business I can issue a credit for a customer, it comes out of my account that day, and yet a week later a customer will call me to say it hasn't gone thru to their on line statement yet.