Tequila tour

errhead1981

Does anyone know what the name of the Tequila place is in Cozumel that had the different animals, showed you the process of how they make it and had some of the best and smoothest flavored tequila I've ever tasted? It wasnt one through the ship though. Any help would be appreciated.

Does anyone know what the name of the Tequila place is in Cozumel that had the different animals, showed you the process of how they make it and had some of the best and smoothest flavored tequila I've ever tasted? It wasnt one through the ship though. Any help would be appreciated.

Was it a beach bar, just tequila place or restaurant?

What sort of animals did you see?

There are numerous tequila tasting places on Cozumel, this may help narrow it down.

There is a "factory" about 6 blocks away from the main drag that cab drivers will take you to. I think it was $20 for me and the wife both ways. They show you how to make tequila and have a few samples and a very nice restaraunt. The stuff was expensive though, as in $80+ a bottle.

It wasn't a beach bar or restaurant. It was a tequila place with a little gift shop in front of it. They had peacocks, white and blue, different birds, iguanas. We got taste about 10 different tequilas and they were selling it for at least $80 and going up from there. I would have bought a bottle, but it was our last port and i had already gone crazy with souveniers and didn't have any money left for it. I remember our tour guide called Jose Cuervo, Jose Crappio. I remember they showed us the big stone roller that they use to break down the agave plant.

Just out of curiousity, i went to my photos from that trip and couldn't find a sign i had taken a picture of or anything. I then went to a friend's photos of that trip and it said pee pee station, so i googled tequila tour/pee pee station/cozumel and the place is actually called the pee pee station. I know what to ask for now when we go. Thank you for all of your help! Happy sailing.

Just out of curiousity, i went to my photos from that trip and couldn't find a sign i had taken a picture of or anything. I then went to a friend's photos of that trip and it said pee pee station, so i googled tequila tour/pee pee station/cozumel and the place is actually called the pee pee station. I know what to ask for now when we go. Thank you for all of your help! Happy sailing.

Lol. Glad you sorted it out. I was about to post that as a suggestion!

I haven't been there and didn't know they did tequila tours until some one else posted that last year. They are just beyond the tequila factory so seemed strange to me at the time. I had also seen photos of birds there so had narrowed it down to suggesting there! Enjoy!

• 4 months later...

Regalo de Dios "Gift of the Gods" extra anejo!! Is exactly what it's name says!

Guess what? You can buy it in the states under the name Number Juan. Found this article in the Fort Worth Weekly.

"The tequila they import has been sold in limited quantities in Mexico for decades. Reymundo and company brought it to the U.S. market only a year ago, but the brand has already won some national awards and high praise from industry magazines. In several national competitions, the company’s blanco, reposado, and extra añejo tequilas have won a total of five gold and two silver medals, competing with the most popular and widely respected brands in the market.

But just getting the tequila to the U.S. has been a challenge. The owners, none of whom have ever owned a spirits company before, navigated a long, often complicated path to get their tequila onto the shelves of bars and liquor stores. They’ve had to do it one bar, one handshake at a time. Number Juan is now sold in Texas, California, Kentucky, and Nevada and will soon be available in Georgia. In North Texas, fans can find the tequila at roughly 40 restaurants and bars and 23 liquor stores.

Reymundo, White, and their staff have done it with a dizzying schedule of appearances and tasting events and by just showing up at bars.

“There are no shortcuts to personal relationships,” White said. “That’s what matters. If you go somewhere to a bar and take the time to look a bartender in the eye and shake his hand, you’ve just done something. Now that guy knows you. He doesn’t know Jose Cuervo or whatever conglomerate owns it now.”

Before they could bring Number Juan to the States, the would-be tequila tycoons had to convince the family who owns the tiny distillery where it’s made. The “juice,” as White calls it, is made in Amatitan, Jalisco, with spring water from the base of a dormant volcano. The Rivera family has been making tequila for three generations, spanning almost 100 years. In Mexico, the brand is known as Regalo de Dios, or “gift from god,” and is available only at high-end hotels, resorts, and a few restaurants.

White (left) and Reymundo pose for a picture with the Spec’s mascot.

White (left) and Reymundo pose for a picture with the Spec’s mascot.

A friend of Reymundo’s brought him a taste of the Riveras’ tequila from Mexico while he was shooting his comedy special “Red-Nexican.”

“I was like, ‘This is the best I’ve ever had,’ ” he said. “I flew down to Mexico, and I asked the distiller, ‘What bottle is this in the U.S.?’ And he said, ‘We don’t have a U.S. presence.’ ”

It took Reymundo several years to convince the family to partner with him. The Riveras were reluctant to produce enough volume to satisfy Americans’ appetite for upscale tequila.

“They love us now, because we’ve done everything we said we would do,” Reymundo said.

Though many celebrities are endorsing and buying liquor brands these days, Reymundo said that Number Juan is more personal to him. Everyone involved in importing the tequila is either related to him or is someone he’s known for many years.

White, who now lives in Atlanta, said he got into the liquor business because he was swept up in his brother-in-law’s passion. Neither of the men are shy about using their celebrity to promote the tequila — it’s for sale at all of their comedy shows.

“If we’ve been able to cut in line, it’s because of the other work we’ve done,” he said. “There are a lot of people endorsing different projects, but we keep telling people we’re not just endorsing this, it’s our baby.

“I keep telling people I’ve invested all of my daughter’s quinceañera money,” Reymundo said"

Article Pages: page 1 page 2 page 3

That's not the one i went to. Man i wish i could remember the name or anything.

the name of the one at the pee pee station is "Mexico Lindo tequila tour" they have animals and a Mayan village also

Edited by Kletina
yes