Another ez saver question

kdinkus1

Forgive me for asking this question but am totally confused about the EZ Saver rates. My husband and I are planning the Hawaii cruise next January and we were quoted EZ rates. Our son who is also planning on booking this cruise was given prices with and without EZ (they may have to cancel later on so they thought it would be best NOT to book EZ). W/O the EZ rates, the prices were higher but yet it seemed that there were more pro's with this plan. Could someone please explain to me the different rate plans that Carnival has and which one seems to offer the best price? I am so confused!! Thanks. (and sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. Not sure where I am to ask it.)

With the Early Saver rate, it's cheaper because it comes with the restrictions. The deposit is nonrefundable, although most of it can be applied to a future cruise, minus a $50 penalty. Also, no name changes & no downgrading to a lower category. The positive side is that you have price protection up until 2 days prior to sailing, meaning that if prices drop, even after final payment, you can apply to receive that lower rate.

There are a couple of rates that are typically offered closer to sailing which do not allow any changes & you'll lose everything if you cancel. Those won't apply for you now. Your other options currently will allow you to cancel before the final payment date (about 2 1/2 months before sailing for 7-day cruises) and you will get the entire deposit refunded. This also means that you can downgrade to a lower category or do a name change before final payment. After final payment, you can do a name change for a $50 fee. You can receive the lower price if the price drops before final payment, but not after. If you price match to the Early Saver rate, you become Early Saver & fall under those restrictions.

So Early Saver is great for those that know for sure they are going on that sailing & won't need to downgrade their room. Otherwise, it might be better to book another rate.